HTC & Google store (Nexus 1)

twmac

Reaction score
So I bought a nexus one and returned it without opening it. I tried a friends 3g blackberry in/around my condo prior to receiving my n1. Needless to say, the T-mob network is garbage... so i returned the phone in the exact state in which I had received it with the phone never having left the box.

naturally, they charged me the $45 restocking fee as follows:

Due to costs associated with processing a return and refurbishing the returned Device, you will be charged a one-time restocking/refurbishing fee of $45 USD (which will be deducted from your refund) if you decide to cancel these Terms and return your Device within the return period. Additional deductions to your refund may be made for damage to the Device or missing components. You authorize Google to deduct these amounts from your refund in the event you cancel these Terms and return your Device within the fourteen day period. Please note that you will not be charged the restocking/refurbishing fee if you return the Device in its original condition and in unopened packaging within the fourteen day period.

I'm going to call HTC today and be polite at first and then i'm going to have an explosive tirade, file complaints with bbb and do a chargeback. bastards are stealing from me

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ok, Let's us know how that turns out.

OP
T

twmac

Reaction score
lol, sarcasm? they'll probably tell me it was altered, opened, whatever-verbage-necessary-to-recoup-money, etc

sad fact is i really wanted that phone. t-mob is just crappy though.

OP
T

twmac

Reaction score
1 month later, I RECLAIMED MY $45

victory

HTC customer service was very polite and helpful. i was never able to get into tirade mode as they were always over-the-top helpful in helping me. the time consuming portion consisted of google being slow to process the credit to my card.