1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Restoring data/apps after flashing a rom

Discussion in 'Droid 3 Hacks' started by fishacura, Nov 4, 2011.

1. fishacura

fishacura New Member

I am back on stock Verizon rom waiting for some of the bugs to be worked out with some of the other custom roms floating around. Right now I simply used titanium to freeze some bloatware. My question is, many of the instructions for flashing roms tell you to do a data wipe prior to flashing. If you do this, how do you restore your apps/pix/etc.?

Do they come from the nandroid backup or from the titanium or backup pro backups? I thought these files would all get wiped when you wipe data an cache.

So my simple question is this...once I flash the rom, what is the next step to get my data and apps back?
  2. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

the market will auto update it
    Usually your apps that is if you need gaming data back use titanium our whatever you prefer
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. fishacura

fishacura New Member

Some of my paid apps yes...but not out-of-market apps or data (pictures, files, etc). What about those?
  4. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

I use ap monster and I saved the apps that are not market installedSent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

does that help

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. fishacura

fishacura New Member

Still wondering where all my pix and other files would go (ringtones, files, etc...any data...not as worried about apps).
  7. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

None of that is affected by a factory reset, data wipe, cache wipe........ The /sdcard is not touched and that is where your pictures are stored and any ringtones you've downloaded, created.

Apps and App+data are what are wiped. Apps are best to just be restored from the Market (mine always do automatically anyway) and then restore the data for specific downloaded apps only, no system apps (ie...restore your AngryBirds game data but not your Mms data or Phone data, etc..).
  8. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

The wipes performed prior to a rom installation do not erase the sdcard or sdcard-ext. Your stuff stored on those will be safe. And to comment on the reloading of apps: I've been flashing roms and rom updates like mad on my Bionic and Google has been hitting 100% on all apps reinstalling - paid and free. In fact, many of my settings are being restored too. Just make sure that under Privacy you have both Backup and Restore checked. Also during the setup after rom installation, there will be a point when you are asked if you want Google to backup and restore you phone. Be sure to answer yes to both if you want all your apps restored.

Once all apps are restored I then use Titanium to restore data only to some apps. I use that for Tapatalk, so I don't have to find the forums, put in usernames and passwords. And there are a few other apps I use it for - Dophin HD Browser, Navigon, Noodles (a To-Do List), Bedside, etc. It's all gotten pretty easy now.

Good luck.
  9. fishacura

fishacura New Member

OK good to know thanks. I'll double check. Can you tell me when I open my phone in windows explorer which is the SD card drive (is it the one with "MOT" next to the drive letter or the other one)? I'll make sure my files are on the SD card before doing anything. Thanks again!
  10. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

The sdcard-ext (removable) will be list a drive letter and the internal/non-removable sdcard will be labeled MOT (Motorola).

Good luck.
Search tags for this page
after flashing my rom why restore system apps?

android flash rom restore apps

change rom restore application
flash rom and restore apps
how to get contacts back after flashing rom
how to install apps after flashing rom
how to restore after flashing
how to restore apps and data after flashing rom

how to restore data after flashing rom

how to restore google play apps after flashing new rom
recover files after flashing rom
recover files after rom
restore apps after flashing