restoring stock backup

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by rjcapp, Jun 13, 2012.

1. rjcapp

rjcapp Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Was I supposed to clear or wipe any data or caches prior to restoring my stock backup through ROM manager? ROM manager did not ask to clear anything and it looks like the backup restored everything exactly back the way I left it.

Here is what i did. New to flashing ROM s. I backed up stock ROM. Flashed sourcery through rom manager. At that point ROM manager asked and I cleared both data options prior to installing Sourcery. Decided to go back to stock for practice and again ROM manager restored the backup with out asking or wiping anything. Is this OK?

Hope I'm making sense!

#1 rjcapp, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Yeah you are fine. If you watch the screen it will outline how it is formatting everything before it restores the actual back up.

3. rjcapp

rjcapp Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks. The phone is working fine. I did notice the outlined details during the install. I wasn't 100 % sure it formats. Cool stuff. Highly Addictive.

This forum possessed me into flashing my first ROM at midnight last night. Next thing I know its after 3 am.

Honestly as a newbie I was a little overwhelmed with all the settings and options in the sourcery ROM. Very impressed. I wish I had the knowledge and experience and felt more comfortable navigating settings.

I now realize what all the hype is about!!!!!

#3 rjcapp, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Yeah you're all good to go. And welcome to the root and custom ROM world, you thought Android was addicting before :biggrin: