Restoring a rooted .886 w/ Liberty3 v2 to stock

Rain724

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a rooted Bionic with the original Bionic Bootstrap that was released. It has the original .866 kernel and is currently running version 2 of Liberty3; I installed Liberty3 as soon as as the stable v2 was released. I would like to get back to completely stock so I can OTA to .902 and install Safestrap instead of Bootstrap. What is the easiest and safest way to do this?

Will the instructions outlined on this page work: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ates-your-modified-motorola-droid-bionic.html

Thanks,
Rain

eye_dea

Reaction score
No need to use moto-fastboot yet. Did you make a backup of your stock system in bootstrap? If so, you can just use that. Then you will be back on your stock system and take the OTA update.

OP
R

Rain724

Reaction score
No need to use moto-fastboot yet. Did you make a backup of your stock system in bootstrap? If so, you can just use that. Then you will be back on your stock system and take the OTA update.
Lol, if I remember correctly, when I tried to backup the stock system it errored out and instead of trying it again, I just thought "Ahhh, screw it!" and went ahead and flashed Liberty3. That was a while ago though, maybe I did back it up and copy the .zip to my computer (it isn't on the phone anymore....).

Let's just assume I don't have the original backup, is moto-fastboot the next best thing? What about Bionic Path Saver (Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method - MyDroidWorld)? Edit: Up-to-date Bionic Path Saver: http://www.mydroidworld.com/topic/10442-902-bionic-path-saver-and-restoreroot-utility/

eye_dea

Reaction score
Moto fastboot will be challenging for your situation. Pathsaver is not needed. I just helped a guy with the same situation. If your available...i can help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

eye_dea

Reaction score
After u have the files...hit me up and i will walk ya thru the process.

OP
R

Rain724

Reaction score
Thank you, Eye_Dea! RSD Lite looks perfect. I'm not even going to bother with the edited xml file, I'm just going to completely start over and erase everything. (After backing it all up, of course).

eye_dea

Reaction score
U might need some help...i have some time.
No need to wipe internal...use the edited file.
There is more steps than just clicking on rsdlite.
Let me know.

OP
R

Rain724

Reaction score
RDS Lite was definitely the best way to restore to factory. Thanks for the help and suggestions Eye_Dea!

Now its time to re-flash Liberty3 or some new ROM because Blur is so terrible!! :D

eye_dea

Reaction score
RDS Lite was definitely the best way to restore to factory. Thanks for the help and suggestions Eye_Dea!

Now its time to re-flash Liberty3 or some new ROM because Blur is so terrible!! :D

Make sure to flash the right ROM that works with 902. A lot of people are running eclipse v2.2...your preference though.
Also, I don't know how you feel about bootstrap...but safestrap is very similar and will give you less headaches. Just don't try to run them both. Look at safestrap here...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/202176-detailed-safestrap-instructions.html and tuckmobiles guide here... [GUIDE][N00B] Step-By-Step ROOT/SAFESTRAP/ROM Instructions & 902 Update Info (3/13/12) - droidHIVE Forums
Hit me up with more questions.

Bionic_Kasso

Reaction score
Wassup people,

I'm new to DroidForums, Usually on Android Central but I never get any help.

I rooted & flashed Liberty3 v2 last year on my Bionic [original .886 kernel] & now I want to restore it to the stock ROM because I would like to update to .902.

So I tryed 2 different unrooting methods yesterday, using RSD lite & flashing with .902 XML file and Pete's Motorola Tool (which I originally used to root my bionic).

After a few reboots, My phone still looked the same but still had SU, BusyBox, & all the other essential root apps, but no SU permissions..
So I'm guess I'm unrooted (after I used root checker)

Whats the easiest & safest way to remove Liberty3 v2 and flash a stock ROM so I can get on the upgrade path??

Thanks & Appreciate it,

Kasso