1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need Help rooting

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by MrCapcom, Dec 23, 2011.

1. MrCapcom

MrCapcom New Member

I orginally had updated to the newest firmware 893. I thought I was selling my phone so I ran this to get back to stock as much as possible
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/179092-how-get-updates-your-modified-motorola-droid-bionic.html
    After I got back to stock I ran the OTA to get back to 893. Then turns out I wasn't selling it.
    So I tried to run a root app and root was gone which was ok
    So I ran the rest of the above tutorial to root again and now it won't won't root it runs through all the regular things it connects but i noticed I saw a bunch of system read only or can't read system erors.
    Should I do a factory reset and try again? Or can I just run another type of root to get it rooted?
  2. MrCapcom

MrCapcom New Member

Ended up having to use 4everroot and choose option 1 which erased everything then afterward after everything was done still wasn't rooted but did option two which was like just root and it worked :)