[Request] Secret SMS Logger

barcodelinux

Reaction score
I have a somewhat tech savy 14 year old that has a habit of deleting text messages that she doesn't want me or her mother to see. I installed Spy Droid (from the market) and that worked well for us until she found the app in the app list one day and uninstalled it.
I need an app that secretly logs (logfile is kept either on the device or sent in email) ALL incoming or outgoing text messages.
This app must have an uninstall protection similar to that of Wave Secure and it must run in the background (not show up in task killers).

Does anyone know of such an app? I might be willing to pay upwards of $5 USD for such an app.

cj1896

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be pretty easy to have her install wavesecure (or another equivalent program), autobackup the SMS, install a keylogger on your computer, somehow coerce here to sign in and then get the password?

That is at least how I would try do it.

Why is it so important to read what your daughter says to her friends?

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if you dont trust her that much just take her phone away... at least that will give her some privacy

TaliWacker

Reaction score
contact verizon or whoever your carrier is and ask for a copy of all the text messages sent and received during the billing cycle........pretty ez

Reaction score
I agree I would take the phone away if it's that much of a concerne. Ultimatley you won't be able to stop her from saying/reading whatever it is that you don't want said/read.

I think they still make kids phones that only call certain numbers that you program in there. http://www.amazon.com/LG-Verizon-VX1000-Mobile-Child/dp/B002DWXW58
31vfzdYK27L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

alonsou

Reaction score
If what you need is to block her from texting certain people or at certain times Verizon has an add-on for $5 that let you set limits on how many texts per day she can send, block certain times (like during school ) and block certain people too.

We did that to my sister-in law (she's 14 too) and during school hours she can only receive texts from us (family, just in case of an emergency)
We set up an schedule to receive SMS from 7:00 am to 8:00 am (school starts at 8:05) and from 2:45 to 10:00 pm. after 10:00 pm she can't send or receive any more texts (only from/to us) and she's limited to 150 texts per day (unlimited to/from us)

This help us bring her a lot into what she used to be before starting to text like crazy (she was doing over 20K texts per month :icon_eek: )

I hope this can help you.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can also get an app locker (App Protector Pro)from the market. Re-add the program she uninstalled then lock it with a password that she doesn't know :D

EDIT: oh nevermind i forgot she could just uninstall it :cus:

EDIT: You could always root her phone and not tell her then add the app to "system". Those can't be uninstalled except through root explorer or something similar.

Last edited:
OP
B

barcodelinux

Reaction score
You can also get an app locker (App Protector Pro)from the market. Re-add the program she uninstalled then lock it with a password that she doesn't know :D

EDIT: oh nevermind i forgot she could just uninstall it :cus:

EDIT: You could always root her phone and not tell her then add the app to "system". Those can't be uninstalled except through root explorer or something similar.

Her phone is already rooted (i did that). Hmmm...so after the app is installed, just:

mv /data/app/whatever /system/app/whatever ??

Will the app still show up in the app list?

VivianC

Reaction score
You are looking for a technical solution to a people problem.

If you are paying the bill, you have the right to see what is on the phone. But the tracker back on and let her know if she uninstalls it, she loses the phone.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score

If you are paying the bill, you have the right to see what is on the phone. But the tracker back on and let her know if she uninstalls it, she loses the phone.

+1

This is THE answer.

Crowner

Reaction score
I have a somewhat tech savy 14 year old that has a habit of deleting text messages that she doesn't want me or her mother to see. I installed Spy Droid (from the market) and that worked well for us until she found the app in the app list one day and uninstalled it.
I need an app that secretly logs (logfile is kept either on the device or sent in email) ALL incoming or outgoing text messages.
This app must have an uninstall protection similar to that of Wave Secure and it must run in the background (not show up in task killers).

Does anyone know of such an app? I might be willing to pay upwards of $5 USD for such an app.

You mean you want some mobile spy phone program to spy on your daughter's mobile phone?

Last edited:

pkbest

Reaction score

I agree with this answer. Honestly, if you suspect or know that you daughter is sending inappropriate messages and trying to cover the fact, you can go into Verizon Wireless's webpage and login and from there you can change things such as turning of certain types of messages. With my friends daughter, we took her phone (rooted it), and then 1. installed keylogging for sms, not sure which app), 2. Moved it to system so it couldn't be removed, and 3. Blocked "premium text messages" so she could not send pix/flix messages.

But I definitely like the "you pay the bill, you have the right to see whats on the phone" comment.

Honestly, you must admit that you should be proud your daughter is tech savy... my fiancee took 2 hours to figure out how to install apps and things of that nature lol.

W

whotheheck

I use "smslogspy". Its very easy. All sms sent & received will be send to the email id you configure. List of dialed and received calls as well. If there is no internet connection at that time, it will be saved and mailed once there is internet. The app will be completely hidden.

You can get it from here SMS Logger