[Request] CRT screen off animation for Liberty

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone can make or port over the CRT screen off animation that is used in Gingerbread.....I know LGB uses it and I would love to see it on Liberty for the D2.....can anyone do this?

RUKKUS

Reaction score
Bump for interest. I have the D2 CRT zip file if anyone needs it, I just don't know how to alter framework stuff.

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Bump for interest. I have the D2 CRT zip file if anyone needs it, I just don't know how to alter framework stuff.

Hey RUKKUS, could you share that file? I downloaded one earlier, but I think it was a bad download and wasn't working properly. Thanks in advance.

knivesout

Reaction score
Here's a zip for the screen animation. Only for rooted GB, just flash in clockwork.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would really like to see this ported over to Froyo....more specifically Liberty 2.0. I guess worst case scenario is if they do a Liberty GB then it will be there.

reuuin88

Reaction score
Pardon for the ignorance, but what does that animation actually do?

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you turn off and on your screen it gives it the effect of the old CRT monitors or old school TV's....you can probably see it on Youtube if you look.

reuuin88

Reaction score
When you turn off and on your screen it gives it the effect of the old CRT monitors or old school TV's....you can probably see it on Youtube if you look.

Thats what I figured it was, just didn't know if there was a benefit to having it, or if it was just an aesthetic thing. Thanks for the input though :)

cpjr

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, there is an app in the market that give you a screen off / lock icon on the screen (way nicer IMO then hitting the power button) and has a list of different animations, one of which is the old school tv animation. Search "screen off and lock"

T3viin

Reaction score
I tried it but i dont wanna touch an app to get it. id like it on there if as if it was already loaded. ty tho