Request-Could someone PLEASE add this to 12.31

OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score
I looked at the updater-script file from the META-INF folder of the zip and this zip does more than just push the apk into system.

The easy solution would be to just flash this zip rather than add it to the ROM, but I would guess you could get it to work by adding these lines from the updater-script of this zip to the updater-script of the full ROM zip:

package_extract_dir("kernel", "/tmp");
set_perm(0, 3004, 02755, "/system/bin/ping");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/dump_image");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/mkbootimg");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/unpackbootimg");
run_program("/tmp/dump_image", "boot", "/tmp/boot.img");
run_program("/tmp/unpackbootimg", "/tmp/boot.img", "/tmp/");
run_program("/tmp/mkbootimg", "--kernel", "/tmp/zImage", "--ramdisk", "/tmp/boot.img-ramdisk.img", "--cmdline", "console=ttyS2,115200n8 rw mem=244M@0x80C00000 init=/init ip=off brdrev=P3A_CDMA mtdparts=omap2-nand.0:640k@128k(mbm),384k@1408k(cdt),384k@3328k(lbl),384k@6272k(misc),3584k(boot),4608k(recovery),143744k(system),94848k(cache),268032k(userdata),2m(kpanic)", "--base", "0x10000000", "--output", "/tmp/newboot.img");
write_raw_image("/tmp/newboot.img", "boot");

not sure where you got that update.zip, its ONLY for flashing kernels, with easy updater by koush, no wonder it doesnt work erase all that shiz and add this
Code:
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
unmount("/system");

being that whatever it is your flashing is in system of the zip

Jamezelle, i've never done any code writing or pushing whatever the term may be on this, i guess what im saying is can u or anybody put together a 12.31 zip that when i flash it this will be my market? or can it not be done? if so would be greatly appreciated!!!! someone themed this market on these forums an i just downloaded an liked the look, i have a few apps basically all blacked out an this is as close to that as i can get with the new market (had a black old one)

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

that market is bad i had it in a past rom so hard to see everything I eventually left that rom due to this reason

publicanimal

Reaction score
I looked at the updater-script file from the META-INF folder of the zip and this zip does more than just push the apk into system.

The easy solution would be to just flash this zip rather than add it to the ROM, but I would guess you could get it to work by adding these lines from the updater-script of this zip to the updater-script of the full ROM zip:

package_extract_dir("kernel", "/tmp");
set_perm(0, 3004, 02755, "/system/bin/ping");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/dump_image");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/mkbootimg");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/unpackbootimg");
run_program("/tmp/dump_image", "boot", "/tmp/boot.img");
run_program("/tmp/unpackbootimg", "/tmp/boot.img", "/tmp/");
run_program("/tmp/mkbootimg", "--kernel", "/tmp/zImage", "--ramdisk", "/tmp/boot.img-ramdisk.img", "--cmdline", "console=ttyS2,115200n8 rw mem=244M@0x80C00000 init=/init ip=off brdrev=P3A_CDMA mtdparts=omap2-nand.0:640k@128k(mbm),384k@1408k(cdt),384k@3328k(lbl),384k@6272k(misc),3584k(boot),4608k(recovery),143744k(system),94848k(cache),268032k(userdata),2m(kpanic)", "--base", "0x10000000", "--output", "/tmp/newboot.img");
write_raw_image("/tmp/newboot.img", "boot");

not sure where you got that update.zip, its ONLY for flashing kernels, with easy updater by koush, no wonder it doesnt work erase all that shiz and add this
Code:
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
unmount("/system");

being that whatever it is your flashing is in system of the zip

I pulled that code directly from the updater-script from the .zip linked to in the OP of this thread. I figured something in there would make the difference in getting this to work for the OP since apparently merely pushing the .apk to /system isn't working for him.

He has a very weird and nuanced request. There isn't a problem with the original .zip, I've tested it myself and it works fine, but for some reason he wants to add the file to the ROM and flash it with the whole ROM all at once, and he claims replacing the vending.apk from the ROM's .zip with the one in this .zip doesn't work. I'm skeptical of that claim but it's not worth the effort for me to try it myself.

I figured if it was in fact not working that something in the extraneous code that I posted above might work since that is part of the updater-script of the .zip he linked to. Based on what you said though Jamezelle, that .zip must have been made by an amateur using script from a kernel zip.

Last edited:
OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm sorry for this request if it is veiwed as a nuance, i for one did not have the knowledge to know if this request was that outta reach, that is why i asked if it could be done. But let me ask anyone with the knowledge this? I have seen the old market changed up by putting a com.vending folder in a miui theme would it be possiable to get my desired results this way for the mod?

Last edited:

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm sorry for this request if it is veiwed as a nuance, i for one did not have the knowledge to know if this request was that outta reach, that is why i asked if it could be done. But let me ask anyone with the knowledge this? I have seen the old market changed up by putting a com.vending folder in a miui theme would it be possiable to get my desired results this way for the mod?

It wouldn't turn out like you would want it. It would be better to take the extra minute to just flash the zip.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score

It wouldn't turn out like you would want it. It would be better to take the extra minute to just flash the zip.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Alright thanks guys!

publicanimal

Reaction score
Kid Cassidy, nuance is not a synonym for nuisance, so I don't want you to think I'm saying you're being a pain-in-the-ass, I'm just saying it's a weird request since the flashing the zip in the OP seems to work just fine.

I've got a little free time today so I'm going to try adding the vending.apk of the black & transparent market to the ROM .zip and see what happens, I'll let you know.

UPDATE: As you experienced, upon flashing the Market icon is not present. I stand by my previous post that something in the code I posted would potentially make it work. Still, the easiest thing to do is just flash that .zip and not bother trying to add the .apk to the ROM.

Last edited:
OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score
Kid Cassidy, nuance is not a synonym for nuisance, so I don't want you to think I'm saying you're being a pain-in-the-ass, I'm just saying it's a weird request since the flashing the zip in the OP seems to work just fine.

I've got a little free time today so I'm going to try adding the vending.apk of the black & transparent market to the ROM .zip and see what happens, I'll let you know.

No problem, let me know what ya find out i tried replacing the vending apk but, upon arriving at the launcher lost the market in general and 2 other apps now thats WEIRD!!