Report: Verizon Has Been Turning Over Call Logs for All of their Customers to the NSA

xtor

Reaction score
I thought this was funny, found this on Facebook

ForumRunner_20130606_121336.png

bb to dx to razr to note 2 oh my

devdeuce

Reaction score
sad thing is is that people will happily give up their freedoms in the name of "feeling safer" American's are clueless. Ask them who Kim Kardashian is secretly dating or what star is having a baby with who, and they will vomit up the answer right away. Ask them who the VP of the US is and they haven't a clue. I'm not joking.....ahh well that's a whole other thread and forum :big smile:

True this

helron

Reaction score
Rights? Nah! DC uses terror excuse too freely

True this

Wake up!
First I pay taxes to have IRS spy on me. Now, NSA is hawking me! Do I live in China or Russia? BEWARE, USA! DC is out of control.
Our Internet providers probably received a similar NSA order!!!! We need an app to stop this insanity Judges in DC pockets!

devdeuce

Reaction score
Wake up!
First I pay taxes to have IRS spy on me. Now, NSA is hawking me! Do I live in China or Russia? BEWARE, USA! DC is out of control.
Our Internet providers probably received a similar NSA order!!!! We need an app to stop this insanity?de21 Judges in DC pockets!

Exactly why I said earlier to watch the news and not the main stream media who is in the pocket of this admin

helron

Reaction score
I agree. I don't get my news from mainstream media. They are all in the pocket. Soon people will wake up. I just hope its too late. Maybe folks reading these emails will finally realize how intrusive this is ministration has become. Too many scandals, too much intrusion. Too much overstepping my bounds. Like they said in Brooklyn years ago about the Dodgers : "Throw the bums out! "

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Well here we go....

WASHINGTON—On the heels of reports that the National Security Agency has secretly been amassing the private telephone records of Verizon’s more than 120 million customers, President Barack Obama announced Thursday that his administration is releasing the entire country’s phone records to the public in an effort to handle the situation with complete transparency. “Honesty and openness have always been the hallmarks of my presidency, which is why I believe that everybody should have free access to this essential information,” the president said at a press conference, encouraging the public to visit a newly created online database containing the time, duration, and location of every wireless and landline phone call made by all 315 million Americans. “We—all of us—are laying our cards on the table here. Now, everyone in the country will know who’s calling whom, and when, and how often, and for how long. My administration doesn’t have any secrets, and from now on, neither will you.” Obama noted that, for the sake of national security, personal emails, consumer reports, and medical histories will remain the exclusive property of the federal government.

Source: WSJ

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would bet anything that all carriers are involved, Verizon is just the only carrier to admit it so far.

Here's some info about other carriers:

AT&T, for example, keeps your tower info indefinitely, Verizon for one "rolling" year, and Sprint for 18-24 months, and there are similar procedures for text messages. T-Mobile charges law enforcement $150 for an hour's worth of info what phone number was close to which towers, Verizon rakes in $30-$60 for 15 minutes, whereas AT&T likely charges $75 an hour with two to four hours minimum.

I'm curious why AT&T needs to keep the info indefinitely.

jseah

Reaction score
Apparently a couple of former NSA employees are saying that the NSA have had court orders in place to obtain the call information from every carrier for several years now. They are collecting information on upwards of 3 billion calls a day. Before 9/11 the charter of the NSA was to intercept calls between foreign countries, and after 9/11 it was expanded to include domestic calls.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lemonade factor that my reception is so craptacular they'd have no clue where I'm at half the day due to "no service" and using Wi-Fi for data.
Vice president. Hmm. Isn't that Nancy somebody or other?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Well here we go....

WASHINGTON—On the heels of reports that the National Security Agency has secretly been amassing the private telephone records of Verizon’s more than 120 million customers, President Barack Obama announced Thursday that his administration is releasing the entire country’s phone records to the public in an effort to handle the situation with complete transparency. “Honesty and openness have always been the hallmarks of my presidency, which is why I believe that everybody should have free access to this essential information,” the president said at a press conference, encouraging the public to visit a newly created online database containing the time, duration, and location of every wireless and landline phone call made by all 315 million Americans. “We—all of us—are laying our cards on the table here. Now, everyone in the country will know who’s calling whom, and when, and how often, and for how long. My administration doesn’t have any secrets, and from now on, neither will you.” Obama noted that, for the sake of national security, personal emails, consumer reports, and medical histories will remain the exclusive property of the federal government.

Source: WSJ

Hmm I can't find my number... But I did bust the GF.... Lmao....

Noted 2x~4 beta

Krenzy

Reaction score
So riddle me this: Can we get an early opt out of our Verizon contracts? This surely violates some terms of our agreement; either under their not alerting customers immediately or for the sheer fact that they shared privelaged info. Regardless if the other carriers are doing this as well, I can surely pay less elsewhere.

drunkclever

Reaction score
So I take it that the presidents calls are there also... or his wife's... or his mother's... or Hus daughters???

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAX using Tapatalk 2