Replacing GummyJar's Default Boot Animation

gist901

Reaction score
I know that there is alot of information available about how to replace a boot animation (I have googled and searched this forum, but have not found what I need). But I am new to this stuff and I have not been able to find the proper information.

I have downloaded one of CheckM8's boot animations, and placed in my data/local folder but that did not change my boot animation. I have tried copying the the new animation to the system/media folder using Astro Folder app but that did not work. I have also tried accessing the system folder through Bootstrap recovery but that also does not work.

I know there is an app on the market that will help be accomplish this by Rummyjar16 (or something like that), but I would much rather learn how to do it the proper way.

So any help, any direction, any post that you think might help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and keep on truckin

gist

jgrizz

Reaction score
Use root explorer to search for the existing bootanimation.zip. then over write it with yours. Make sure the file names are exact.

Sent from my Droid X(Fission)

OP
G

gist901

Reaction score
Use root explorer to search for the existing bootanimation.zip. then over write it with yours. Make sure the file names are exact.
Thanx jgrizz.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Bulldog60

Reaction score
I would like to have the stock Droid eye, how would I go about getting the Original Droid boot animation? GummyJar ROCKS but the boot animation is well, not as cool looking as the Droid eye. Sorry, but other then that, nothing, His Rom is awsome!

2dulu2u

Reaction score
I also wanted a new animation so I did a search and found "Boot animation changer lite" (free) at AppBrain. It comes with previews and installed over GummyJar 2.5 with a theme without a single hitch. Always been a fan of the blue droid eye animation and now I have it!!

Bulldog60

Reaction score
I also wanted a new animation so I did a search and found "Boot animation changer lite" (free) at AppBrain. It comes with previews and installed over GummyJar 2.5 with a theme without a single hitch. Always been a fan of the blue droid eye animation and now I have it!!
Thanks I will see if I can get that app!

Bulldog60

Reaction score

Thanks! I have the app installed, very cool but when I select an animation I have a few choices of the size I think. What option should I pick. I don't want to pork my phone.

jgrizz

Reaction score
There are things you want to pork and things you don't want to pork. Your phone falls into the don't pork category.

Sent from my Droid X(Fission)

2dulu2u

Reaction score

Thanks! I have the app installed, very cool but when I select an animation I have a few choices of the size I think. What option should I pick. I don't want to pork my phone.

I went for the 480 x 854 choice and it loaded fine--but I think it's a little smallish on the screen. Still better than the gummyjar boot...IMHO

Bulldog60

Reaction score

I went for the 480 x 854 choice and it loaded fine--but I think it's a little smallish on the screen. Still better than the gummyjar boot...IMHO
Thanks I have it loaded up and it looking great!

mcp770

Reaction score
Check out wjddesigns.com quite a few custom animations that are very cool.

Edit: just downloaded a sweet liquid droid animation from wjddesigns.com here is the process, takes two minutes.
1. download boot animation
2. using root explorer go to system/media
3. Rename original bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bkup
4. Rename downloaded animation to bootanimation.zip and move it to system/media
5. Change the new animation.zip permissions to rw-r-r
Done!

Works great and WJD animations are 100x better quality of the ones I just previewed in that app you guys are talking about. Those were horrible quality.

Last edited:
OP
G

gist901

Reaction score
The one I really liked and installed was an animation called Spun by ckm8.

He has some really amazing boot animations that he has posted. U should definately check them out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
G

gist901

Reaction score
I gues another technique to replace the boot animation is to do this:

"How about 7zip? That is a must have tool for any android owner. Get 7zip on your computer, right click on the rom, open archive, open system folder, open media folder, your boot animation is there. Then you just flash it as you normally would. You can change it that way, Not to mention all the other cool stuff you can do. Hope this helps"