Replacing an icon that isnt already in a rom

scribes200581

Reaction score
I want to change the google voice icon in a rom, but it isnt currently changed in the rom, or any that i have looked through the .zips of yet.

I notice the ones that are replaced are in
nameoftheme\framework\res\drawable-hdpi-finger

and are usually icon_phone.png, icon_mail.png, etc..

How can i use a custom image for Google Voice, or any other app for that matter that doesnt already have one? It cant be as simple as finding out the name of it and adding it to the mytheme\framework\res\drawable-hdpi-finger folder is it? Is there an .xml file or some other file that needs to be udpated to point it where it needs to go?

xformulax

Reaction score
just name it the same as it's package name.

i skinned my gvoice icon and it works fine.... if your theme is already flashed, just name the icon correctly and place the icon in /data/system/customized_icons_1 and check permissions.

com.google.android.apps.googlevoice.png

dredger

Reaction score
If you are talking about dock icons you can find some custom icons on gflams Live Wire thread. I dl'd them and just used launcher pro to replace the ones I used.

You can also google search custom droid icons and find them all over I'm sure. Once you get a pack unzip them and move them to your sd card photo gallery to select them in launcher pro.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

scribes200581

Reaction score
just name it the same as it's package name.

i skinned my gvoice icon and it works fine.... if your theme is already flashed, just name the icon correctly and place the icon in /data/system/customized_icons_1 and check permissions.

com.google.android.apps.googlevoice.png

:beer: to you... exactly what i was looking for. Thank you.