1% Battery percentages

pshaw92

Reaction score
Im not exactly the best at decompiling/compiling apks (specifically framework-res.apk) but anyone who is, could help with this...

I've edited the stat_sys_battery.xml so that instead of only 10% increments there is 1%. So with battery icons (1-100%) in the drawable hdpi folder shouldnt that make there be 1% increments?

If anyone could do this and doesnt want the pain of editing the xml file Ill send it to you.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I will be getting into that area shortly and will want to change the increments too after I figure out how to get my darn practice APK to take changes on my Droid 2. I'm being left behind here, lol. I'll consult you for the xml after I get through my Music.apk editing change problems!

trook

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure our phones won't report battery percentage often enough to use 1 percent incriments.

OP
P

pshaw92

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure our phones won't report battery percentage often enough to use 1 percent incriments.

No it does. Use root explorer and start at the root of your phone and go to /sys/kernel/debug/battery/charge_counter

Longpress charge_counter and open it as text and it will tell you the exact percentage of your battery.

trook

Reaction score
That's awesome then! I really hope you guys are successful, good luck.

microsnook

Reaction score
Hmm, I didnt think this was possible either, but if you guys get this I will be amazed.

KingLo

Reaction score
You need access to the kernel to change what % the device reports

Cstryon

Reaction score
Knowing very little about kernels, linux, anything 1337 hax0rz. Will it be possible to get access to the kernel for our ambitious friends to do what they want to do? I would very much so love 1% increments!

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Circle battery widget will also work for 1% increments. Its free on the market

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I was wondering the exact same thing the other day. How is it that Circle Battery widget can give 1% battery incriments but the D2 shows it in 10% incriments.

I'm curious to see what you guys come up with.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Jordan8

Reaction score
According to the dev of Circle battery widget, the 1% value comes from a system file. I assume it's the same one pshaw92 is referring to.

Pellegrini406

Reaction score
Its all a mathematical equation to figure it out.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
According to the dev of Circle battery widget, the 1% value comes from a system file. I assume it's the same one pshaw92 is referring to.

Any chance we could get some more details as to the location of that file?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Jordan8

Reaction score
@elcompaLalo: /sys/kernel/debug/battery/charge_counter
Edit: I've checked this file on the DX & it appears to give the 1% increment like it's suppose to. Can't say anything about other Motorola phones though.

@JxLegend: He says it'll have an option for that in the next release, but it'll be on the left side of the notification bar. No ETA on when that update will be released.

Last edited: