Replacement X due to camera button issues

Chillout

Reaction score
My camera button on my phone stopped working last night. Tried a reboot, tried to use the stock camera instead of the blur app I normally use with Liberty. Check my sms app and handcent to see if the button was binded to something else by accident. If I boot into bootstrap recovery or regular recovery mode I can't select anything and have to pull the battery to power backup.

Called VZ techsupport, they had me check a few things and are sending me out a replacement X that should be here early this coming week.

I was looking online and saw some people have been having issues with the DX camera button and most said it was a flaw and had to get a replacement DX. Anyone else here had this happen?

What's the quickest and easiest way to unroot when I send it back?

Last edited:
OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
Mods, if this is in the wrong area please feel free to move. Just looking for advice from my fellow Liberty users if they have seen this.

jsvanham

Reaction score
There is a full 2.3.340 sbf. Check xda forums. Also a easy way its to use maderstock 2.3.340. This is a zip file that can be done just like installing liberty.

OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
For anyone interested, after calling VZ to tell them about the bad camera button. Their tech support had me factory reset, then read them the android version currently installed, and then said they'll send me a replacement. I received it the other day, rooted as soon as I activated it and reinstalled my favorite rom :D

Last edited:

jsvanham

Reaction score
Be sure but since the bootloader was changed to 30.04 you can not return to 2.1. Sbf the 2.3.340. It used that bootloader.

OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
I'll figure something out, might take me alittle while..lol

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
You have to flash the sbf to remove all that junk and root. the maderstock will most likely leave some evidence of root. If they find any(which most likely wont happen) then you are SOL and they can charge you retail for the phone. I think flashing the sbf is your best bet

OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
The problem is that the camera button doesn't work so I can't flash anything because when I boot into recovery I can't select any of the options. I've sent back my Droid 1 for a factory defect (which is what this is) and I factory reset it, never unrooted, and never heard anything from them and that was over a year ago.

Not sure what other options I have. the phone still boots, works fine, and if the volume button worked it would be no problem doing any of the above mentioned options.

OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
The power button just backs you up one screen doesn't it? Or do you maybe have to hold it in longer?

twalbaum

Reaction score
I thought the power button moved back... but idk cause I never use the power button for navigation.