Camera button

theopulus

Reaction score
I've just bought a second hand milestone and I've realized that the camera button has just one state (full press) so that I cannot focus on camera mode and I cannot enter recovery mode as it need medium press of that button.

Is this an issue that will cover the warranty?

is there any way to enter recovery menu with adb or whatever that doesn't need camera button pressing?

Thanks in advance

Smokie

Reaction score
I've just bought a second hand milestone and I've realized that the camera button has just one state (full press) so that I cannot focus on camera mode and I cannot enter recovery mode as it need medium press of that button.

Is this an issue that will cover the warranty?

is there any way to enter recovery menu with adb or whatever that doesn't need camera button pressing?

Thanks in advance

is the camera button needed for recovery? on the moto droid you hold down the X button along with the power button while turning the phone on. I know you have the milestone but I thought it was the same phone basically.

OP
T

theopulus

Reaction score
Yeah, that would put you on recovery mode, but in order to show the menu, I've read (maybe I'm wrong) that volume up and camera button is needed.

Alta1r

Reaction score
Did you try to get in Recovery mode already? Might just work fine. The focus problem might be a flaw in your ROM, no?

OP
T

theopulus

Reaction score
I've discovered that the problem is because of the button being half sunken, but I can raise it a bit and then release it so it acts as if I just had pushed the button to mid-position.

I was able to enter recovery mode YEAH!! dancedroid but I cannot use focusing much when taking photos as it's a complicate gesture to be done each time..