Droid X Red Camera Button HELP?

amberlamps

Reaction score
i had the weirdest accident today in a verizon store that i believe is gonna cost me a replacement phone. Basically i bought a case for my Droid X and when the verizon employee was installing it, it slid down my phone and literally knocked off my red camera button thus rendering my camera useless. I didnt realize this until I got home. I called verizon and they had no clue about replacement parts and called the store and they couldnt find the piece. So im asking you guys if anyone can help or do i need to get a replacement??
Thanks

Technoman

Reaction score
i had the weirdest accident today in a verizon store that i believe is gonna cost me a replacement phone. Basically i bought a case for my Droid X and when the verizon employee was installing it, it slid down my phone and literally knocked off my red camera button thus rendering my camera useless. I didnt realize this until I got home. I called verizon and they had no clue about replacement parts and called the store and they couldnt find the piece. So im asking you guys if anyone can help or do i need to get a replacement??
Thanks

If their employee broke it make them replace it!!! It is the only RIGHT thing to do.

OP
A

amberlamps

Reaction score
oh ya no doubt about that but im wondering if they or motorola makes a simple red piece so i dont have to go through the hassle and waiting over 9000 years to receive a replacement droid x haha

Dxun

Reaction score
While we're discussing camera buttons. Why is there no way to take a pic from the LCD? Droid 1 had the option to take the photo either way. Hope you get your issue resolved.

OP
A

amberlamps

Reaction score
exactly thats one feature i wish the X has....would be a life saver for me right now

713King

Reaction score
Yea I cant wait any longer for my Droid X replacement that makes me just want to get the Fascinate lol, the X has been acting horrible, I have not woken up plenty of times because the alarm's volume is very low and or losing 3g connectiong! omg what to do??????????????

OP
A

amberlamps

Reaction score
lol i know man haha i find it hard to believe how nobody can find this little red piece that is gonna make me order a replacement...i have mine all customed out and everything too

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol i know man haha i find it hard to believe how nobody can find this little red piece that is gonna make me order a replacement...i have mine all customed out and everything too

id go talk to teh store manager and tell him what happened.

sidenote: love ur username lmao

713King

Reaction score
Yeah I really doubt you can get a single piece, maybe if you tell them since they broke it to give you a replacement at a faster rate than the others? You should do it soon because than they can easily say you broke it and say it was self damage

OP
A

amberlamps

Reaction score
ya im gonna do that tomorrow haha well hopefully the replacement time isnt too bad....also i know this is just a rumor.. but does anyone know if the 2.2 update will have the "touch to take pictures" feature that the original droid has??

713King

Reaction score
Yes it's true since im running the new 2.2 leak and has touch to take pictures and it takes them at a decent speed i mean it focuses and takes it for good results

OP
A

amberlamps

Reaction score
ahhh well thats good to know king! thanks! haha now if only verizon can release the update

swartz23

Reaction score
ya im gonna do that tomorrow haha well hopefully the replacement time isnt too bad....also i know this is just a rumor.. but does anyone know if the 2.2 update will have the "touch to take pictures" feature that the original droid has??

Has a shutter icon in the upper right corner to use the screen to take pics.

scoob

Reaction score
camera button

I had this happen to my X as well. Took it into the Verizon store and they ordered a phone replacement. The first phone they sent me was a certified like new phone. In other words a used phone. I had only had the phone for a week so I called Verizon support and they sent me a brand new phone.

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
@amberlamps, there are plenty camera apps in the Android Market with the option to "touch screen to take picture." Some are free, some aren't. A great one is Vignette. I also believe Camera 360 has that option. And with all paid apps you can buy it and get a refund within the first 24 hours if you don't like it. I say experiment until you find exactly what you want.