Replacement upgrade

CKD2

Reaction score
Hey turbo folks! Asurion just upgraded my Maxx to a Turbo 2. I'm not super happy about the size of this thing, but I'm sure the performance will ease my mind.
What will I like about this phone compared to the Maxx?
I will say that the Maxx speaker is awesome. And the size is perfect for my hand.
What are the chances they send me a leather backing?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If it's coming from Verizon / Asurion I would say 0% chance of leather. It will be a stock phone with a stock color soft grip back. Which is still a nice phone, but I don't think Verizon ever ships anything other than stock phones.

What you should like:

All the Moto features you used on your Maxx; Active Display, always listening...touch free commands, Driving Mode, etc. Some of these have changed & moved around inside the Moto App, but still useful features.

Big battery, should get you through a day easily.

Shattershield screen.

It does not feel as big as it looks, in hand. It fits pretty nice for me.

Nice camera, with twist to open.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
CKD2

CKD2

Reaction score
Haha, I'm sure I'll fall I love with the big screen.
I definitely love Active display and camera twist.

I'll be without a case until I order one, but I'm not too worried about screen scratches with this thing.

Battery is def what has me the most excited. I'll also probably buy a wireless charger.

Time for me to explore this part of the forum!!! I'm excited now!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good luck with the new phone CKD2. It's pretty awesome. I would recommend a screen protector. Although the screen is shatter proof, it's a 5 layer design. The outer layer is basically a thick screen protector and it's plastic so it will scratch easily. That layer cost $30 from Motorola if you need a new one. I chose a 3 pack of clear screen protectors from Verizon for $12 for the piece of mind of keeping the OEM outer layer scratch free.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Absolutely get a screen protector. My first T2 screen was scratched and nicked. I got the Armor Suit film protector on Amazon. $8.00. Applies easy and really cuts back on fingerprints. A screen protector makes it scratch proof...and it's already shatterproof. #win

OP
CKD2

CKD2

Reaction score
Good luck with the new phone CKD2. It's pretty awesome. I would recommend a screen protector. Although the screen is shatter proof, it's a 5 layer design. The outer layer is basically a thick screen protector and it's plastic so it will scratch easily. That layer cost $30 from Motorola if you need a new one. I chose a 3 pack of clear screen protectors from Verizon for $12 for the piece of mind of keeping the OEM outer layer scratch free.

Thanks for the tip.
In case I go without a screen protector, can the OEM layer be replaced easily, or no? Is that something that has to be professionally done?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the tip.
In case I go without a screen protector, can the OEM layer be replaced easily, or no? Is that something that has to be professionally done?

It's like putting on a wet screen protector. There's a video "how-to" on the Motorola website showing how to replace the outer layer. Looks just like putting on any wet application screen, then let it dry and smooth out the bubbles.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

I would echo @sajokaz in the comments. I would also suggest that you consider looking into either the standard glass screen protector from Verizon, or better yet a tempered glass one from a reputable manufacturer. I simply prefer the feel of glass over even the highest tech plastic films.

It's a great phone and you'll love it, I'm sure. I am sporting one and it's easily the best phone I've owned. I've had Motorola phones almost without fail going all the way back to the MicroTac flip phones and even before with bag phones and my first cellular phone which was a Motorola installed car phone.

In androids I've had the OG Droid, the D2, D2 Global, the Droid Pro, the Droid RAZR, Droid RAZR MAXX, the Droid MAXX, the Moto X Developer Edition (not really a Droid but worth honorable mention just because it's such a great phone), the Droid Turbo, and now the Turbo 2. During that time I've only owned one other phone for a short time, the Samsung Galaxy S4, but it bricked on an OTA update. I've owned other phones, Palm, HTC, Audiovox, Nokia, a few others, but have been most satisfied all along with Motorola's phones.

Really as far as size of the phone, I initially felt just like you but that quickly went away and now when I pick up my son's MAXX it feels tiny, the Moto X feels nano in comparison, and when I hold one of the early iPhones, I feel like I'm holding a child's toy.

Hope you enjoy your T2 and stick around so we can enjoy it with you!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
In case you haven't seen this, it's worth sharing. I thought of this commercial last weekend when I dropped my Turbo 2 for the first time.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
We need to start a drop thread describing any crazy drops our phones have survived. Lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sounds like a plan

OP
CKD2

CKD2

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! I look forward to joining team turbo:D

I'm ordering the screen protector now, that sajokaz recommended.

I def would like a minimal case with a belt clip.

Any suggestions?