removing ringtones

beckeann

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Hi. I am need of some help please. I loaded a few ringtones to use as notifications off of myxer.com. I want to get rid of them but can't find them anywhere. I have astro folder and I can't first.d them I there. They are not on my card either. I want them gone as I changed it to one on the phone but its still playing one that I downloaded. Also I found several fonts in my folders.but don't. know how to change those either. Can anyone please help me with these problems... I would greatly appreciate any help. This is the best site. Y'all have showed Me so much on my droid.

CatsTide

Reaction score
thats where my myxer tones are....just keep looking, they have to be there somewhere...

OP
beckeann

beckeann

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Do you have astro folders? Is there somewhere else where the media would be?

OP
beckeann

beckeann

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Not there either. Where would all of this be if I didn't have the astro Folders? Its not on my card. I have looked everywhere. Seems like there should be an easier way.

msblueline

Reaction score
I have folders on my DROID, but I cannot access them from the phone itself.

I created these folders on the SD card itself.

I have one named Ringtones, and another named Notifications.

Plug the DROID to the computer using the supplied USB cable. Bring down the drop down menu and select USB option, then select mount.

When the pop up opens, select the view files option and look for the any file that would have those particular ringtones in them. You can then delete them from the phone there.

Hope this helps.

msblueline

CatsTide

Reaction score
let's go back to your original problem...you have the wrong notification tone. which tone are you trying to change? if it's your default notification,go to settings>sound and display settings>notification ringtone. select the tone you are wanting there...

OP
beckeann

beckeann

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Okay I am not a total idiot. LOL I have changed this notification tone several times but when I get a text, it's something other than what is checked. Heehee. Freaky and I dont know how to get it off. Haha. I'm thinking bout taking the battery out and try that. MS And I will plus up to the computer and check everything in my astro folders again. But I don't think they are there, I have looked.twice already at every folder. Told ya this is freaky..thanks y'all...

OP
beckeann

beckeann

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
I have the better keyboards and I saw where you change them there but they only changed on the keyboard. Not really worried about them. I can live without it. Thought it was pretty cool.

OP
beckeann

beckeann

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Okay. I saved a pic off of facebook and it took me to a screen that said downloads and in it was the ringtone I want to remove,so I did but its still in my ringtones. Okay so how do I get back to this download page? Looked everywhere but can't find it. And this ringtone and three others are not in my astro folders.

too40shorty

Reaction score
Ringtone Solution

I searched and searched for a solution and finally located one. I can't delete ringtones from myxer! - Android Forums.

1. Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications
2. Hit Menu Button > Filter > All
3. Scroll To DRM Protected Content Storage and select
4. Clear Data

Hope it helps and saves some others wasted time searching.

BTW, I also used Astro and searched every file without luck. This is the only thing that would ease my OCD. Good luck!