MMS Ringtone Question

IN AWE

Reaction score
I have searched the forums and can't find the answer to this one question.

Where does the Droid store a MMS delivered ringtone?

It is not stored on the SDcard, I pulled the card and ringtone is still there.

It is not in the "system\media\audio\ringtones" folder with the native ringtones either.

I figure someone will know the answer here on the forums. I have found all my many other answers with a quick search. If I can't find them there is no way to manage or delete them. I have Astro file manager and know how to use it. So where are they?
Thanks in advance.

Jon

joshua117

Reaction score
Have you tried searching for them using a file manger like astro (or similar program)?

OP
I

IN AWE

Reaction score
I have searched the forums and can't find the answer to this one question.

Where does the Droid store a MMS delivered ringtone?

It is not stored on the SDcard, I pulled the card and ringtone is still there.

It is not in the "system\media\audio\ringtones" folder with the native ringtones either.

I figure someone will know the answer here on the forums. I have found all my many other answers with a quick search. If I can't find them there is no way to manage or delete them. I have Astro file manager and know how to use it. So where are they?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Yes, and I can't find them. I can't be the only one.

joshua117

Reaction score
@ IN AWE

Sorry my fault, I didn't read through the post thoroughly. I'll do some looking and see if I can come up with anything.

OP
I

IN AWE

Reaction score
@ IN AWE

Sorry my fault, I didn't read through the post thoroughly. I'll do some looking and see if I can come up with anything.
No worries at all, hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I meant no disrespect. This is just driving me batty.

joshua117

Reaction score
@ IN AWE

No worries at all, hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I meant no disrespect. This is just driving me batty.

No its cool, I now know first hand how you feel. I agree I can not find them anywhere on the sd card, or the rest of the phone for that matter.:dry: I'll keep looking.

drsipe

Reaction score
You might want to download Handcent SMS and use that program as your texting program. The native texting program that is on the phone is very limited, I couldn't figure out how to send a message with an audio file attached. I downloaded Handcent SMS and I feel it works much better than the native program. You can even use Handcent to save the existing ringtone you have already received, and they will go to your SD card, Handcent/download. Handcent is a free download from the Market.

:motdroidvert: :motdroidhoriz:

OP
I

IN AWE

Reaction score
Hello........Hello......... anybody??
I know that the files are somewhere!

Kingtesh

Reaction score
saving mp3 ringtones

To use ringtones that you have saved from an mms you need to download 'rings extended ' which allows you to be able to choose from music tracks on your SD card. The ringtones that you save from an mms will appear along with the music on the SD card it will not appear within the ringtones.

-Kingtesh