Removing "pulldown text" / roaming banner / carrier brand?

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Is there a way to just remove that whole banner in this rom? I don't like it taking up space in my notifications.

droid fetish

Reaction score
I would believe that if you went into the "Liberty Tool Box"/"Pull Down Bar Editor" and then just deleted what was there and saved it, your problem would be solved.:)

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
I already tried that; yeah, you have a big ugly blank space to the left of the clear button.

kilahimm

Reaction score
You can remove it with a metamorph, if you edit the xml in /layout/status_bar_expanded.xml I'm trying to put one together to do this. Right now I've managed to remove the grey area, only thing missing is moving the "clear" button some place else.

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
You can remove it with a metamorph, if you edit the xml in /layout/status_bar_expanded.xml I'm trying to put one together to do this. Right now I've managed to remove the grey area, only thing missing is moving the "clear" button some place else.

I wonder how it looks when you disable roaming banner text on a stock rom... wish i could test, but i'm at work.

I already tried that; yeah, you have a big ugly blank space to the left of the clear button.
I am sorry it didnt work, I know sometimes its frustrating waiting for an answer.

Sorry, I didn't mean to seem ungrateful for your reply. Thanks for the suggestion :)

droid fetish

Reaction score
Its cool, I have been there myself so I know how it can be. Most of the stuff I have learned, I had to learn because I screwed something up!!! LOL

:icon_ banana:

webmastir

Reaction score
...Most of the stuff I have learned, I had to learn because I screwed something up!!! LOL

It's the best way, imo
thumbsup.gif

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
The reason I want to do this is because I just got widgetsoid for adding toggles to my notification bar. It's much cooler in CM7 because it's not just another notification, but it is actually docked at the top of that window with the clear button / branding text just below it.

I wonder if it would be possible to do that using that xml file mentioned above.

kilahimm

Reaction score
It's not exactly perfect, but I've gotten part of the way there. This is my first attempt at doing something like this, so it's not entirely clean. If someone would like the metamorph zip I used let me know, you're welcome to it.

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Very sexy. I'd love the zip. I have no experience in this stuff and don't really have the time to learn from scratch, but I'd be thrilled to take a look at what you did there.

Good place for it IMO :) Kudos

ncdub

Reaction score
It's not exactly perfect, but I've gotten part of the way there. This is my first attempt at doing something like this, so it's not entirely clean. If someone would like the metamorph zip I used let me know, you're welcome to it.

+1. O would like it as well. I have never had the banner but, I do like what you did with the clear button!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kilahimm

Reaction score
The clear button was kind of a compromise, it's not exactly how I wanted it. If someone is able to implement the clear button more elegantly I'd certainly be interested in it. Attached is the metamorph, glad to help out.

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
got a link to a tut I can use to learn how to edit that xml? I saw one a while back but...