1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Removing previous phone from Market

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by WildKid, Sep 18, 2011.

1. WildKid

WildKid New Member

I'm having a problem deleting my previous phone from my Android Market account. I use to have a Droid X, and now I have a Bionic.

How do I delete my old phone? There is no 'remove' option. Wouldn't 'hiding' the phone prevent the person that I sell it to from using the market?

Or would I have to figure out some way to delete the old phone?

When the new person tied it to his/her Google account, would it disappear from mine?
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. bryan.teeples

bryan.teeples New Member

It should automatically switch to your new phone. I recommend a factory reset of your old phone before selling it to protect your accounts.

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.
  3. WildKid

WildKid New Member

I've already done a factory reset. No help. Still shows my old device in my market account.
  4. kramerica

kramerica New Member

There does not appear to be a way to "delete" the phones from your market, but you can hide them from your menu. Go to my Android Market and log in > My Market Account (top right) > Phone you don't have/want to see (on the right) > edit > Choose "hide in menus" radio button > Update
  5. holjes

holjes New Member

Just have to say that I love your username. :) Well played. If you ever find a way to put ketchup and mustard in the same bottle please let me know. :p
  6. kramerica

kramerica New Member

HA! Will do. If you're ever in town, stop by and make your own pie or stay and have some Kenny Roger's chicken. :)
Search tags for this page

delete old phone from android market

how to remove old phone from android market

how to remove previous phone from android

remove device from android market account

remove old device from android market

remove phone from android market