Removing new market

rshakin

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if there is a way to restore old market on the phone

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

streetrod

Reaction score
I did a factory reset, and nine is back to the old market. Not sure how long before it comes back.

OP
R

rshakin

Reaction score
Its not that I dont like it... but it keeps force closing on me... plus the old one was easier to use.. less content. So now I am just looking for a way to get it back but there is nothing I can find about getting it done.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Its not that I dont like it... but it keeps force closing on me... plus the old one was easier to use.. less content. So now I am just looking for a way to get it back but there is nothing I can find about getting it done.

A factory reset should do the trick, but it'll eventually just update itself again unless you can find some way to block it from updating (perhaps if you root they'll be a solution for you?).

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

A factory reset should do the trick, but it'll eventually just update itself again unless you can find some way to block it from updating (perhaps if you root they'll be a solution for you?).

Yeah I think there's a bloat process you can freeze to stop all updating. I know it stops OTA updates, so I can only assume it or another process is capable of freezing market updates. However I don't know if it freezes ALL updates, even for apps.

mattbc1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this will work, but you could try going into manage applications and use the uninstall updates option for the market.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

josh.zechman

Reaction score
I don't think you can uninstall the new market in applications. But if you are rooted and have the old market rename it to MarketUpdater.apk.bak and it should keep it from changing to the new one.

Jason.DROID

Reaction score
I don't think you can uninstall the new market in applications. But if you are rooted and have the old market rename it to MarketUpdater.apk.bak and it should keep it from changing to the new one.

Lol! Sure you can, unless the new market app was pre-loaded on your phone.

Mine went back to 2.3.6, but I've since reinstalled the new Market. No sense in not getting used to it.

mrscaz

Reaction score
I hate the new market too. I just uninstalled updates in manage applications. I hope they (Droid) realize how many people don't like the new version and go back to the old one.

Jason.DROID

Reaction score
Well, the new Market app does handle downloads and updates a lot better. Instead of trying to download, say all 50 of your apps at the same time, it'll do it in order one by one. This is probably most helpful for older devices, but newer devices also benefit since the handler isn't trying to download and install 50 apps at the same time. My old Droid rebooted on me when Google decided to push my apps back to my phone during a restore.

So, there are improvements. If you don't like the UI, you probably won't like Ice Cream Sandwich, since that's where things are heading.