Removing initial Gmail account without resetting phone

scoutmom190

Reaction score
I recently got a newer phone, and want to give my 8 year old my Droid to use as a PDA/gaming devise (and to see if he is responsible enough yet for his own phone or if he will lose it in a day...) I have activated my new phone so he can only use it to download where he can get wifi. I'd like to delete my contacts, etc. from the phone in case he does lose it, but it won't let me, saying that other things are linked to my gmail account and it must be factory reset. IF I factory reset it, will I be able to allow him to use it like he is currently, without activating it? Or will I be stuck in a cycle until I activate it? Thanks!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will not be able to use the market to download apps after factory reset without adding a Google account. You can setup a new Gmail account that doesn't have any contacts stored to it.

Sent from my Inc2

Natey2

Reaction score
Will 911 continue to work on a cell phone, even after the phone is de-activated?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk from GetJar

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Will 911 continue to work on a cell phone, even after the phone is de-activated?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk from GetJar

Yes. Its required by law.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
S

scoutmom190

Reaction score
different gmail account

Can I reset it and add a different gmail account without hooking it back to verizon?