Removing a Gmail account without resetting?

Noogums

Reaction score
I got a problem. It doesn't seem to effect anything but it is quite annoying.

My dad picked up my droid for me, when they were setting it up in the verizon store they asked him for my gmail account but he didn't know it so he said i didnt have one and they set up a different one. So now i have my main account and the account they set up and it wont delete unless i reset the phone to the factory defaults.

Is there any way around this? If i reset the phone, will i lose all my contacts, settings, wallpapers, apps etc? Does this email linked to anything important like the market or specific apps?

I really hope this can be fixed.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Try turning off syncing of that account first before deleting it. Your contacts and market are linked to a gmail address so it depends on which one you used for those. If you reset it you will lose your wallpaper and settings but wall paper is easy to back up to the pc and settings arent that bad to reapply. The contacts and apps are easy to reapply if you are using the same gmail account they were originally under.

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score
Yea I just reset. I backed up everything to my sd card it was real simple. Problem solved.

I reset and I had to set up my phone again by pressing 1 and having it program. This didn't remove/switch any extras I have on my plan did it? Ie my data or text plan?

JayMonster

Reaction score
Yea I just reset. I backed up everything to my sd card it was real simple. Problem solved.

I reset and I had to set up my phone again by pressing 1 and having it program. This didn't remove/switch any extras I have on my plan did it? Ie my data or text plan?

No, this doesn't affect your plan at all, it downloads the PRL and other Verizon information to the phone. That is all it does.