Removing/Disabling Services

pksopp

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this is a duplicate thread, but I'd like to disable as many services as I can on my RMHD, as many have a habit of starting on their own. Trouble is, I'm not sure which ones are critical to processes I actually use - i.e. I use Google Now and Swype, but not Backup Manager or Mobile Hotspot - the apps do not have obvious names, so I"m not sure which ones I'm actually using/need to keep.

Could someone help me understand what the various "helper" apps do, and which ones I might need to keep? Is there a web page for these?

com.motorola.huxvmm.setting
com.motorola.setupwizard.cont
com.verizon.permissions.vzwap
ConnMO
entitlement
Google One Time Init
Google Partner Setup
Ils
Lawmo
ModemPanicReporter
MotoCareInt

etc, etc - there's like 40 of these that have no description of their purpose, just permissions needed.

Thanks!

KaChow

Reaction score
These are safe to remove, really don't need them.

com.motorola.huxvmm.setting - this is a backup setting
com.motorola.setupwizard.cont - this is an app that sets up during initial installation
entitlement (this one I would suggest keeping if you have Root and want free wi-fi, see this thread here... )
Ils- tends to relate to GPS, I usually disable it
MotoCareInt- Modem related, but not required

I did put together a Safe Apps to remove list, which I did this for JB 4.1.1. The changeover to 4.1.2 was not a big difference, the ID's for some of the apps changed, but they can still be recognized and removed safely. Here is the list...

There are generally 3 conditions to look for, when disabling bloatware.
1) Try not to disable anything that is Google related, except Chrome, Play, Books, Music, are fine, anything else leave it alone.
2) Do not disable anything with the mention of "modem" in the title, or "APN"
3) If you are using a custom launcher, you can disable the "homescreen", "Circles", "Circles config", "weather" if using a different clock can disable the stock clock, and calculator. Do not disable the calendar, and you can disable all the wallpapers, animated screens. Just some ideas...

OP
pksopp

pksopp

Reaction score
These are safe to remove, really don't need them.

com.motorola.huxvmm.setting - this is a backup setting
com.motorola.setupwizard.cont - this is an app that sets up during initial installation
entitlement (this one I would suggest keeping if you have Root and want free wi-fi, see this thread here... )
Ils- tends to relate to GPS, I usually disable it
MotoCareInt- Modem related, but not required

I did put together a Safe Apps to remove list, which I did this for JB 4.1.1. The changeover to 4.1.2 was not a big difference, the ID's for some of the apps changed, but they can still be recognized and removed safely. Here is the list...

There are generally 3 conditions to look for, when disabling bloatware.
1) Try not to disable anything that is Google related, except Chrome, Play, Books, Music, are fine, anything else leave it alone.
2) Do not disable anything with the mention of "modem" in the title, or "APN"
3) If you are using a custom launcher, you can disable the "homescreen", "Circles", "Circles config", "weather" if using a different clock can disable the stock clock, and calculator. Do not disable the calendar, and you can disable all the wallpapers, animated screens. Just some ideas...

Awesome! Thanks!

OP
pksopp

pksopp

Reaction score
Apparently disabling Download Manager makes google play force quit :)