Removing apps

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Freezing is really they way to go, since you need the stupid bloat apps to get an OTA update from VZW.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me find mobile hotspot with tibu so I can freeze it....

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find mobile hotspot so I can remove it? When I try to use wifi tether mobile hot spot starts. I'm assuming that's verizons way of seeing if your tethering.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Mobile hotspot is part of another system application... can't be frozen... careful with the yahoo stuff.. makes your contacts force close

jcwilliams

Reaction score
so if I tether will the mobile hotspot start charging me bc its running?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've frozen the mobile hotspot app with no problems on my Rezound. I'm 99% sure it's not a system app -- you may get a FC if you try and use it after it's frozen, but it shouldnt cause problems otherwise.

And yes, the Mobile hotspot app will point you to VZW, where you agree to add tethering to your contract.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Well I can't find it at all with tibu. When I go to uninstall like long press and drop to trash can it comes up and says uninstall "settings"? I click uninstall and it fails instantly. So i'm assuming its a system app built and hidden so we can't uninstall on this phone. I just don't want to tether with it on here bc Verizon isn't getting another $30 a month from me lol

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Then dont tether with it, use something else. If the app isnt running, then it doesnt matter.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Yea true I guess we will find out. I tether here and there but not yet on this phone...

trackman1

Reaction score
Just Got my new nexus ..wanted to know the process to remove any unwanted apps, or wallpaper, or ringtones??

thanks

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Just Got my new nexus ..wanted to know the process to remove any unwanted apps, or wallpaper, or ringtones??

thanks

Without root you can't remove stock apps, wallpapers, or ringtones.

You can disable apps. Settings > Apps > All (tab at top) > *app* > disable

[video=youtube;v6CHVJM3C6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6CHVJM3C6E[/video]

You may have to uninstall updates prior to disabling an app if it has updated. Be careful what you disable, as it could potentially have a use.

Wallpapers and tones (alarms, notification, ringtones, and UI) that ship with the phone aren't able to be deleted or disabled without root. You can disable the live wallpapers, as they are apps. But the stock wallpapers can't be touched.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
so its best to leave them alone???

If you root you can go into folder where they're located (ringtones/wallpapers), and delete them. Honestly though they take up very little space/resources so I'd say leave it be.