Removing Verizon Bloatware??

droid100

Reaction score
Is there any way to remove the apps that Verizon loaded by default without having to root etc?

Blockbuster, NFL, City ID, GoToMeeting... etc.

They are basically ALL running and while the phone isn't running slowly, in task killer they use a combined 100MB of RAM...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Nope, not yet. The game demos can be uninstalled, but I'm pretty sure that's about it right now.

OP
D

droid100

Reaction score
That's too bad... I REALLY hate the fact that when you plug your phone into the USB port on a computer it automatically launches the "V Cast Media Manager" website on verizon.com...

I hope there's a way of disabling that but I cant seem to find it...

Reaction score
Mine doesn't do that....What setting do you have it set to in the notifications thing that pops up when you plug it in? I set mine to "Charge Only"

OP
D

droid100

Reaction score
I figured out what was causing it... it was the Motorola drivers on my PC. It was set to open V Cast whenever a phone was plugged in...

The out of the box experience with this thing sucked for me... the default ringtone is absolutely horrible, V Cast was popping up when plugged into my pc, and the first time I booted it gave me an out of space error because it was booted attached to a PC in USB Mass Storage mode...

Raptor007

Reaction score
So if you remove the game demo's are they really being removed from the App Storage or are the icons being removed only. I know City ID says you can uninstall it but look again its really still there.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So if you remove the game demo's are they really being removed from the App Storage or are the icons being removed only. I know City ID says you can uninstall it but look again its really still there.

Yes the games go away. Just checked in manage apps and they are gone.

end of line...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You can run LPP and hide the bloatware so you don't see it.

You can actually hide it with the stock app drawer. Just add the ones you want to a group and have that open instead of all apps.

end of line...