Remove (m ###-###-####) after name in texts

blackthunder

Reaction score
When I receive a text from someone that has more than one number associated with their.contact name, it shows the.mobile.number after their name, and it didn't do that on my incredible. HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS?! lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

teddyblair

Reaction score
I was just logging on to post the exact same question. I've searched thru every preference setting several times. It's driving me crazy - anyone know how to make this go away??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
B

blackthunder

Reaction score
Well what it does is when I get a text, i open up the text, and on the left side of the thread it shows like this:

Me: hey what's up

Person(m ###-###-####): not to.much.

So its.not.like.sending.it to.multiple people or anything, just showing the person's number and.name.instead of just name. If I only.have one.number under their contact information I.e. just a mobile number, it only shows the name in the thread. But if I have a mobile and home number listed under their contact name, it shows the name and number, kinda like its showing you which number out of the two you have listed for that contact, they texted you from. But I want it to go away! It wasn't like this.on my incredible so why the heck is it like this on the thunderbolt. Bottom line, in my threaded texts, it shows the persons name, and then their.mobile.number after the.name but before the message. And why the hell does.my.phone constantly put periods after random words! Ahhhh frustrating

Sent from my Handheld Ball of Energy

Last edited:

drastik211

Reaction score
download handcent from the market and you won't have to worry about it. it's a better app for texting anyway dancedroid