1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Sometimes wrong person listed on text..

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by darylofborg, May 30, 2011.

1. darylofborg

darylofborg New Member

I am having an issue where once in awhile a received text will display the wrong persons name .. the phone number associated is correct and the name had shown correctly during the thread until the most recent message. The phone number is correct however the persons name and photo is not . I am integrated with facebook however one number is north dakota and one minnesota .. so has anyone had this issue ?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  2. jeremy5807

jeremy5807 New Member

I have that problem all the time.. rebooting is the only way I get it to fix.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  3. grandroid3

grandroid3 New Member

Same here... Also using a Droid 2 Global. Reboot fixes it, but this issue could lead to some very confusing or embarrassing situations.
  4. thesoldier

thesoldier New Member

No need for a reboot, just go into task manager and force close text messaging. Once you reopen it the problem will be fixed.

Its a problem with the stock text messaging app, once I installed hexen I no longer have that problem. You could also download a different texting app like handcent or go SMS.

Sent from my D2G running HeXen
Search tags for this page
home telephone number android shows wrong person
iphone showing texts from wrong person

iphone text messages sometimes go to wrong phone

s3 sms wrong name
s4 text from wrong person
text goes to wrong person
text went to wrong person
when i text it is going to the wrong person