Remove BOOT LOADER IS UNLOCKED boot message

ripper2860

Reaction score
Well, I finally took the plunge and did an unlock of my Razr MAXX HD bootloader and TWRP recovery is installed -- thanks to Kachow and the fine folks and devs here. Now, can anyone give me some simple steps and required file to replace the BOOT LOADER IS UNLOCKED message seen at boot time in lieu of the red M logo? I'd like to have the original logo back and not make it soooo Obvious that I've been a badm bad boy and unlocked it. (shhhhhhh. Keep this on the down-low. It's a company phone) ;)

Thx in advance!!

Last edited:

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To do that you'll have to replace the image.. Which as far as I know hasn't been done yet but give it some time and helpfully a dev will make a some so to replace it

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Its been accomplished. Let's see if I can find the link.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ah cool... glad i'm wrong... with it flashing a .bin file... you could probably use this method to also flash a custom logo

OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
Start here [HOWTO] Remove The Unlocked Bootloader Warning logo - xda-developers

Read through the thread because I believe there are different versions of the logo.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Flash the M Logo with fastboot :
- fastboot flash logo logo.bin (success message should appears in the DOS windows)
- Unplug USB cable
- Press POWER and the phone will shutdown
- Start your phone with long press on POWER and check your M Logo.

Got it!! But at the risk of sounding like a dumbie ...

How does one flash using fastboot?? I've flashed using RECOVERY, but never via fastboot. What do I need from a utils/files perspective and what is the command line syntax?? Or does anyone have RECOVERY flashable ZIP of the logo.bin file??

Thanks.

KaChow

Reaction score
Got it!! But at the risk of sounding like a dumbie ...

How does one flash using fastboot?? I've flashed using RECOVERY, but never via fastboot. What do I need from a utils/files perspective and what is the command line syntax?? Or does anyone have RECOVERY flashable ZIP of the logo.bin file??

Thanks.

Here I think you will enjoy this one... ALL Credit goes to Tucstwo, for coming up with simple way to eliminate the problem. This works like the Recovery Flashers, just download this link here> then Unzip> Plug in phone> Hit "Run" or "run.bat" the Windows Batch file and that's it.

OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
Worked like a charm. Once again, KaChow is there to save the day!!! Thanks.

(Keeping this one handy to do a little BAT file analysis and learn.)

kotamax2112

Reaction score
Wow, Thanks!

Here I think you will enjoy this one... ALL Credit goes to Tucstwo, for coming up with simple way to eliminate the problem. This works like the Recovery Flashers, just download this link here> then Unzip> Plug in phone> Hit "Run" or "run.bat" the Windows Batch file and that's it.

You are a God, sir! Not one that I'd worship, but you're pretty cool. Kind of like Thor.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
No, this will only remove the warning message that appears on every reboot after you unlock the bootloader. What system version are you on?

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 4

bigdanmeys13

Reaction score
Is there a way to do this if I don't have access to a computer?

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

kotamax2112

Reaction score
Is there a way to do this if I don't have access to a computer?

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

No, it's the only thing I know of that works as easily for the M. There's a boot logo app changer on the Play Store, but it's incompatible.