remote desktop controller...

Doggers

Reaction score
Hey guys so because I am on the road a lot I was looking into getting a remote desktop for my droid....but the thing is, that every time I try an app it says connection failed, for the adress its asking for my ip, but I am not sure which one is a real one....cmd and then ipconfig on my pc gives me four different results...and I don't know which one they might want, although I tried two of them and they both don't work....then using browser to find my ip....also gave me a different result then ipconfig.....I was wondering how do I find the one that those apps want, or there is one that either figures it for you, or is not required....thanks a lot for help :)

SGTiger

Reaction score
Ipconfig gives your local ip address which is useless when you are away from home. When you are traveling, you must connect to your public IP address. When you are at home, use your computer to go to myipaddress.com and it will tell you what ypur public IP is. After this, you have to worry about two problems.

1) Do you have a static IP address? In other words, does your public IP address change every time your modem/router is rebooted. If it does, you do not have a static IP address. So then you either need to get a static IP or use a DNS redirector utility such as the one found out no-ip.com.

2) You must configure your router to map remote desktop connection attempts to your PC.