Anyone fimiliar with Remote Desktop apps?

Recon0212

Reaction score
I've been using Remote RDP and Android VNC, while VNC Server is on my computer. I have tried everything, forwarding my ports, using my IP and local IP, all I can think of. But I STILL can't connect the two together.

Any tips?

OP
R

Recon0212

Reaction score
Some more info, it also tells me "Endpoint could not be reached"

dabeaver4789

Reaction score
i use logmein ignition works great...just install the free logmein client on the host and sign in and there you have it

wseyller

Reaction score
what kind of ISP are your using cable or dsl? On dsl sometimes the dsl modems need to be put in bridge mode. Log into your router and see if the wan ip actually shows your external ip. If it shows an ip that looks like a local ip then the modem is likely not in bridge mode.

Once in bridge mode your router will then need to do the job of handling connection settings for your isp instead of the modem.

krazzyjman

Reaction score
If I understand this correctly, Gmote might be the app you are looking for. I use it and it works great!

AaronJRUshton

Reaction score
OK, I just got Gmote, and for the most part I like it, I'm just wondering if there's an app that does pretty much the same thing, except through Winamp. I'm not crazy about the Gmote media player and would prefer to be able to simply access files on my computer via my phone and let the computer do the rest. Is this possible?

krazzyjman

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what WinMap with, but if you explain what it is, I'm sure I can find something for you

wseyller

Reaction score
Gmote is a much different than RPD or VNC protocols which the OP post about. Gmote probably uses VNC to make it work but gmote is does not have anything to do with this thread. Then again someone that doesn't even know what winamp is likely doesn't have any helpful tips for the OP.