[Release][WIP Theme] Untouchable BAMF by Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The first thing I want to say is that this is my very first theme so, it isn't perfect...yet. Making a theme that not only applies to framework but also Sense, is no easy task whatsoever! Just in the main folders of the two are close to 3,000 images...not to mention there are more image color codes (xmls) than any other phone available. This WIP consists only of the framework and resources (Sense) apks and is nowhere NEAR being finished.
I am expecting my 3rd daughter any day now and that will certainly slow down my theming but, that's ok by me :)
I wanted to at least release a WIP before she was born (due date is Wednesday, the 19th) so, this is all I have so far.

A BIG Thank you to:

- Corinacakes for teaching me pratically everything I know about theming, always putting up with my n00bness, for being a friend, taking time away from your own theme to answer questions...even when you don't have time and have a million things going on, and for forwarding what you've learned by theming the ThunderBolt! I would be soooo lost without you!!!
- Lady Angler for always listening to me gripe when an image or xml has irritated me to no end, being a friend, ThunderBoard!!!!!!, and for always giving me your opinions on images and ideas I come up with! You're the best!!!
- B-boy for all those late night instructions on how/what to do, getting me over the final hurdle that was stopping me from theming more than just apps, and for always being there! You're the man!
- Tallica for being a beta tester, helping me out with tracking down images and xmls, keeping me motivated to keep going (no matter how irritated I can get), and for the pointers with Apk Manager! Thank you for always being willing to help out!!

Known Issues:

- A few places have black on black and white on white text within apps - I am working on this diligently, just not having much luck getting the issues resolve. As I said, there are A LOT of xmls to deal with on these things...Corinacakes, Lady Angler, and Tallica can testify to that :)

Included:

- Over 600 edited images
- Transparent pop-ups and menus
- Red signal bars
- Grey 3G and 1X icons that change to grey/red as data is sent and received
- All 100 battery incriments as well as charging animations are Untouchable Red and battery has a grey outline
- Custom made browser zoom buttons
- Untouchable red progress bars, including: All volume sliders, video progress, and download progress
- Much, much more!

**This theme (or ANY part of it) is/are NOT to be used, modified, or ported without my permission first....penalty is death!! ;)
I am NOT responsible for any damage done to your device! This has been tested on three ThunderBolts including mine with no
issues but, they were moderator and Rescue Squad members.**

***MAKE A BACKUP! MAKE A BACKUP! MAKE A BACKUP!!!!***

For best results, install my skin first. It installs just like any other app (Thanks Tallica) and doesn't require flashing in recovery. I say this because the skin actually controls a large amount of the images vs the framework or resources (Told you these things were crazy!!)

Download:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17844395/UntouchableBAMF.zip

Install Instructions: !!MAKE SURE TO HAVE AT LEAST A 70% CHARGE!!

(After installing skin)

- Download theme
- Place on the root of your SD card (/sd)
- Reboot into Clockworkmod Recovery
- Scroll down to "Backup/Restore"
- Select "Backup" and let run
- Select "Go Back"
- Select "Install zip from SD card"
- Select "Choose zip"
- Select "UntouchableBAMF.zip"
- Select "Yes -- Install UntouchableBAMF"
- When finished, select "Go Back"
- Select "Reboot System Now"
- Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All posts edited!! :)

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Those text color issues are going to be hard to fix in a lot of apps. The reason is due to the fact that you have changed all your menu backgrounds to black and the text to white. A lot of apps will pull the menu from framework and use their own text color code or the other way around. And unfortunately, they are usually the same colors... I finally gave up and used a medium dark shade of grey instead of white..... that way white and black text show up...

OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Those text color issues are going to be hard to fix in a lot of apps. The reason is due to the fact that you have changed all your menu backgrounds to black and the text to white. A lot of apps will pull the menu from framework and use their own text color code or the other way around. And unfortunately, they are usually the same colors... I finally gave up and used a medium dark shade of grey instead of white..... that way white and black text show up...

That's a great idea!

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great Job DD. This theme rocks.

Great idea ecsnead! That text is a bear!

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Time to celebrate! Woot! You worked so hard on this DD! Very happy for you buddy! Your theme is looking really awesome too!dancedroid

Reaction score
Any luck figuring out how to fix the white on white texts? When I go to call or text somebody, its hard to find them with the text being the same color as the background? If not, any alternatives? I really like this theme

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Any luck figuring out how to fix the white on white texts? When I go to call or text somebody, its hard to find them with the text being the same color as the background? If not, any alternatives? I really like this theme

I know exactly what needs to be done, thanks to ecsnead. It's just finding the time to do it with a newborn. I was just going to work on GB for my next release but, I owe all of you that are still on Froyo at least a completed framework and resources release :)

Reaction score
Oh ok that's cool man. Think I should stay on froyo or upgrade to GB? don't really understand how to get the GB

OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh ok that's cool man. Think I should stay on froyo or upgrade to GB? don't really understand how to get the GB

Entirely up to you, my friend. I have GB and the new radio downloaded but haven't flashed it just yet. Tallica said beta 5 is extremely smooth and stable but, every device is different.