[RELEASE]Blackhole 3.0 now available. DL09. www.androiddoes.net/sonofskywalker3

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the sonofskywalker3 release over at XDA, all credit goes to him...I'm just posting for everyone to enjoy...

Here's the original link: [RELEASE]Blackhole 3.0 now available. DL09. www.androiddoes.net/sonofskywalker3 - xda-developers

icon1.gif
[RELEASE]Blackhole 3.0 now available. DL09. SonofSkywalker3
Updated changelog available at SonofSkywalker3

Update:
Version 1.1 changelog:
Removed lockscreen and bootanimation as a default part of the ROM and added it into options. If you have a bootanimation you would like to be featured in the Blackhole Build Your Own ROM series please let me know.

Added a modification section where you can choose to change which app you are using, or to install additional addons. this will not wipe system, so you can choose only what you want. be aware that if you change apps with different filenames (for example choose ADW under modifications when you had launcherpro before) it will keep both, but if you choose on that's the same file name (for example the mesmerize contacts instead of stock) it will overwrite and you'll only have the one. I hope I have explained this well. I will be updated my scripts over the next few days to delete any other options that are installed so that there won't be any redundancy.

Version 1.2 changelog:
Added back Settingsprovider.apk to fix issue with FC when choosing Airplane Mode
Fixed Options:
Fixed script for Puzzle Lock, actually works now.
Fixed file name for POP/Exchange Email so it will download right
Replaced Stock Desk Clock with Mesmerize Desk Clock so voice search uses Google instead of Bing
New Options:
Added Haters Gonna Hate Bootanimation (no sound, but pretty funny)
Added Hiddenmenu.apk (if you don't know what it is, don't bother checking it)
Added SNS(Facebook Sync). Requires TouchWiz Launcher and Calendar, and one of the Contacts options.

Version 1.3 changelog:
Added Widgetpicker to base rom, faster interface and groups multiple widgets from the same program.
Removed MMS from base rom and added as a customization category.
Modified Build.Prop to allow OTA Update notifications

Version 1.4 changelog:
Added globalsearch.apk to allow searching of data on the device (Please let me know if this still doesn't work)
Added PhoenixPath's GPS fix (again, please let me know if this doesn't help.)

Week of 11/15 goal checklist:
Set up new homepage for Blackhole Custom ROM (Continued Week of 11/22)
Optimize modifications section so it's categorized (Complete)
Add Default Boot/shutdown as an option (Complete)
Add necessary apps to hiddenmenu package (Continued Week of 11/22)
Add to/Arrange/Update Kernels section (Complete)
Add GoldenStorm's Black Reboot theme (Complete)
Add Mediaupload.apk to the gallery3d package to allow picasa syncing(Complete)
Add addons for Appbrain, Titanium Backup, and USB Settings (Continued Week of 11/22)
Add Samsung Widgets section (Continued Week of 11/22)
Try to find out why messaging puzzle piece isn't working. (Complete, requires colorful MMS to work)

Week of 11/22 goals checklist: (short this week because of the holiday)
Set up new homepage for Blackhole Custom ROM
Add necessary apps to hiddenmenu package (Complete)
Add addons for Appbrain, Titanium Backup, and USB Settings
Release version 1.4 (Complete)
Release details on DJ05 based version 2.1

Notes: I will no longer be listing voodoo kernels with blackhole, because with the latest kernel updates by jt and geeknik I don't see them being as necessary as they were before, and for people who use ROM manager, but don't frequent forums like xda and modadroid.com they may not know switching from a voodoo to nonvoodoo kernel can cause issues. You can still download voodoo kernels from JT's section of ROM manager, or on XDA or modadroid.com

*Important*
I will no longer be posting updates to this thread. to keep up with the latest releases of Blackhole Custom ROM's please visit www.androiddoes.net/sonofskywalker3
Mod EDIT:
Direct Link:
[RELEASE]Blackhole Version 2.4 now available in ROM Manager *12/22 update*
BTW Great Rom
smile.gif

spyder309

Reaction score
sms problems

My phone will only send blank texts, using default messaging app and also tried using handcent, also it will not receive any texts from anyone. Any help?

DownRiver_Droid

Reaction score
I have had similar issues as well, but mainly others receiving blank texts from me. Rebooting seemed to clear the problem only to pop up again later.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
My phone will only send blank texts, using default messaging app and also tried using handcent, also it will not receive any texts from anyone. Any help?

U need to flash a DJ05/DL09 kernel

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DownRiver_Droid

Reaction score
Flashed official VZW DL09 them rerooted the phone. Originally had super clean then reflashed blackhole.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App