Referb Maxx not rooting, need info.

xmguy

Reaction score
OK as the title says. I've got RAZR Utility, all the drivers installed (my Bionic on ICS works fine on same program/computer), RAZR set to MTP or Camera. Debugging is turned on and unknown sources. However when I choose root option 3 it just sits there saying Waiting for Device. Never goes anywhere. Ideas?

Thanks!

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic... out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
OK as the title says. I've got RAZR Utility, all the drivers installed (my Bionic on ICS works fine on same program/computer), RAZR set to MTP or Camera. Debugging is turned on and unknown sources. However when I choose root option 3 it just sits there saying Waiting for Device. Never goes anywhere. Ideas?

Thanks!

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic... out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!
What version of the utility are you running and have you extracted the .zip file to its own folder to C:\\. If you're trying to run the ,bat file from within the .zip file that you downloaded it usually will not work. For most windows versions utility must run from within its own folder.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
It's running in it's own folder unzipped. If I plug my Bionic in it will detect that. Just not the Razr.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just confirming that the entry in ARP for the drivers says

"Motorola Mobile Drivers Installation 5.7.0"

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
It's running in it's own folder unzipped. If I plug my Bionic in it will detect that. Just not the Razr.
Are you using the USB cable that came with your Razr? Sometimes that will make a difference.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I got it working when I swapped for a different phone. A CLNR RAZR.