[RECOVERY] Updated ClockworkMod for FROYO - all (non-voodoo) ROMs

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit to jt1134 over at XDA for the mod......Enjoy

Orig link: [RECOVERY] Updated ClockworkMod for all (non-voodoo) ROMs - xda-developers

icon1.gif
[RECOVERY] Updated ClockworkMod for all (non-voodoo) ROMs
So the current iterations of cwm seem to have trouble working reliably with the newer froyo ROMs, and koush's recovery (although seeming to work correctly) is quite broken. So......

please find below a new recovery package that should work for any ROM for the fascinate, mesmerize, or showcase.

This recovery is used via fakeflash, ie: it flashes a stock 2e recovery that uses test-keys, allowing you to flash test-key signed update.zips. After installing the recovery, flash update.zip from the stock recovery to get to cwm. The recovery is red, just like the voodoo versions of cwm, but it WILL NOT work with a voodoo installation (yet).

cwm_froyo.zip can be flashed via any cwm recovery, and will place the new update.zip on sdcard for you.

if you are using odin or heimdall, then use the cwm_froyo-odin package. Unzip it, place update.zip on /sdcard, and flash cwm_froyo.tar via odin or heimdall.

http://db.tt/WasTcvc <- cwm_froyo
http://db.tt/4jyrDVR <- cwm_froyo-odin

Follow me on Twitter!

All code for anything I've shared is on my github!

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reasons to use and what was wrong with old CWR....per jt1134 & adrynalyn over at XDA

Lets see:

Broken mass storage function.
Broken data mounting function.
Couldn't wipe properly because of the above.

/data on the fascinate is on /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

koush's recovery mounts /data as mmcblk0p2 (THIS IS OUR /DATA/FOTA. THAT'S BAAADDD)

under most circumstances this does not matter , because recovery.rc mounts data CORRECTLY before cwm gets to it, but there are circumstances where /data can be unmounted and then remounted, in which case cwm is gonna mount mmcblk0p2. If things get written there, at best you've got a **** load of FC's to deal with. At worst, a dead radio.

I've pointed this out to koush before, but was met with a "half-response", and to date it not been addressed (except for the recoveries that I've posted)