recovering BB addict on droid

freakadroid

Reaction score
hello all,

just came off a BB curve and went to verizon store to get a storm 2 and convinced into getting the droid ...glad i got the droid...

only complaints so far (after 1 week) is my yahoo email gets logged off all the time and gives me a "username and password incorrect" when i try to load messages. also when it does eventually download my messages, all the emails that i have previously read becomes unread mail...can anybody point me in the right direction or is it a bug in the droid? yahoo?

also battery doesnt seem to last that long.

games (at the market) are not that great as compared to iphone's 3d games on my friends phone

camera not all that clear (even at 5mp)

but overall ...a more satisfying mobile experience than the BB i had..

any/all help/advice greatly appreciated

thanks!

Infrared

Reaction score
im a bb addict too...and i got the droid and absolutely loved it but switched back because of bbm.

its tough bbm is too useful.

OP
F

freakadroid

Reaction score
yeah..i missed that app on the bb, hopefully droid will have something as usefull

ATLbellygirl

Reaction score
yahoo mail - great youtube clip

Hi Freakadroid -

I got the same probs, too, when trying to access my yahoo mail online. I came across a post and reply on this forum about this. I wish I still had that tab open, but someone had posted their youtube clip on how to set up yahoo mail. If you type it in the search field, it may come up.

It was a really informative, step-by-step clip on how to set it up. You have to go through the "email" icon, change the IMAP setting, the incoming and outgoing info, etc. It was pretty easy and didn't even take 2 min : )

Thanks to the person who posted that clip!

OP
F

freakadroid

Reaction score
Hi Freakadroid -

I got the same probs, too, when trying to access my yahoo mail online. I came across a post and reply on this forum about this. I wish I still had that tab open, but someone had posted their youtube clip on how to set up yahoo mail. If you type it in the search field, it may come up.

It was a really informative, step-by-step clip on how to set it up. You have to go through the "email" icon, change the IMAP setting, the incoming and outgoing info, etc. It was pretty easy and didn't even take 2 min : )

Thanks to the person who posted that clip!
thanks ATLbellygirl!

I ended up porting all my emails to my gmail account and it works great on the droid! Very blackberry like. also i installed google voice which is another great application for the droid whereby you can ring all your phones (or chose which to one), check voice mail online, send and receive free sms...to name a few of the features...

thanks again!

BillTheCat

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.

FYI, Yahoo mail will fail to log in when you are on WiFi. When it fails, turn off WiFi, let it connect via 3G, and you're golden. Don't ask me why. Hotmail doesn't have that issue.

I'd also suggest an app called K-9 Mail Beta for your IMAP mail. It doesn't change the Yahoo user name/password error on WiFi, but it manages IMAP mail much better than the default client.

Games should improve as time goes by. The Jeebus phone had a big head start, but our app store is growing by leaps and bounds. A year from now, Droid apps should be rivaling iPhone apps across the board. (Many already are, but there's catching up to do)

As for camera quality, it's not what you'd expect from 5MP, but it has a flash & records video. Just make sure you wipe the lens clean before snapping pics. I have caught myself a few times with a greasy, fingerprint-covered lens while taking pics. Makes for icky pics.

scarrz

Reaction score
I too left the BB world but I have managed just fine with Google Talk as a substitute for BB messenger. Seems a little extreme to return the droid for just one application. I sure don't miss my BB browser experience. To each it's own.

DROID!!!!

im a bb addict too...and i got the droid and absolutely loved it but switched back because of bbm.

its tough bbm is too useful.