Recommended text-over-data app that works on IOS and Android, in Europe?

JTRockville

Reaction score
Greetings,

I will be traveling abroad this summer with my brother who has an iPhone. I have an Android. We're both getting our carrier's global plan: mine is verizon, not sure who he uses.

While we do have texting available on the global plan, we're charged by-the-text and would like to avoid these charges. We could use email, but we were hoping to find a texting app that works over data and is available for both IOS and Android.

I've been doing some research, and I find it kind of confusing. For example, some apps say you can text any US or Canada number. Since we'll have our same number in Europe, would these kinds of apps work? Also, there are so many to pick from, I'm overwhelmed.

I tried searching this forum, but had a hard time finding a topic where my specific needs were addressed: must work on IOS and Android, must work in Europe.

A recommendation would be awesome. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
JT

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
May I suggest Text+ ? I've personally used it on both ios and Android. It's not location based but uses the internet so as long as they send to your U.S.or Canadian number and you've got a data connection it'll send to/from both devices. I've not used it out of the U.S. but again, it's based on your number not your location. I tried several that work on both systems but Text+ was the only one that was consistent AND allowed syncing to multiple devices at once. I could have a conversation on either device and it would sync the conversions to both in real time.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post