Reception issues?

M

Mwsr

Did anyone have issues with inc2 reception? Mine was horrible. I had to switch back to my fascinate. Thank god I was on vacation and didnt have a chance to send the fascinate back yet.. I dont know if I just got a bad phone or what but in places I normally got 3g with fascinate I was at 1-2 bars or no service on inc2.. I might have them send another when I get back home from another trip I had to make. I did *228 and all that. Nothing helped.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

mikey1013

Reaction score
I've not had very good reception either. I previously had the original Motorola Droid and the signal at home was fine. The Incredible 2 has practically no signal here... no bars in most areas (but will receive calls/messages), and sometimes no signal at all

drtroostr

Reaction score
Likewise here. More 1X than 3G with generally no bars. Signal strength about 90-100dB. Coming from a BB where I NEVER had signal issues, this is a big surprise. Probably will send back because a phone with weak/no signal strength is useless to me. VERY disappointed!

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
IIRC, they share the new design of antenna in the battery cover that started in the Bolt. Make sure your cover is seated well. If it works, it's a cheap easy fix. If not, explore options.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
M

Mwsr

I was hopeing I just received a bad phone but not looking that way. Sucks to the phone was great minus that..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Goose07

Reaction score
It could be a bad phone, but I've worked with Verizon over the phone and a few things "helped" I wouldn't say solved...

1.) Pull the battery and let it sit idle for 5-10 minutes. Make sure the phone is turned on when the battery is pulled (this is not something I would recommend doing often). Replace the door and make sure it's seated well as others have suggested.

2.) Check for broken pins or warping (shouldn't be any with a brand new phone but what the heck

3.) Update Programming AND Roaming in the area you are having spotty service. Do both options 1 and 2.

These helped restore a bar or two, but never gave me full service. I did end up getting a replacement phone (dead pixel) and this one has been the best yet. I will say I've yet to have a dropped call or no data connectivity due to not having full service. That being said I'm sure the battery is taking a hit.

summit21

Reaction score
I was not getting real fast 3G download speeds here where I live so I went into the local Verizon Wireless store and talked to them. My download speeds on the Incr. 2 are between .5MB-1.3MB. They said the range for their 3G is .8MB-1.4MB. I left ATT for a superior network, yet my wife's Iphone4 runs at 2-4MB download on ATT's 3G network??? So far I am happy with the Incr. 2 just don't understand why the discrepancy w/ network speeds. My signal strength is fine usually between 64-80dBm. I used speedtest app on our phones.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Just because we have a language filter doesn't mean you should rely on it. We know what you're saying. There's no need for using swear words on the forum.

end of line...

forgotenxlegacyx

Reaction score
Sorry just trying to really relay how i feel about the reception issues on this phone and how slow the network is! Not to big of a deal, but thanks for editing it for me >_<

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am in Western NY and get 1.3+ down for data and do not miss calls or texts. But there are a couple dead spots in my town where reception isn't that good. Still I get twice as good reception as my Fascinate did. So I am not sure what is wrong. Could be a bad back cover?