1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Non-consistant reception issue

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by adama2006, Feb 21, 2010.

1. adama2006

adama2006 New Member

I've had my droid for about 3 weeks now, for the first week everything went well, but after that my reception started to be very inconsistant from the same place on the couch. It would go from 3-4 bars w/ 3G to 0-1 bars with 1x data. I've tried *228 and that didnt help, I tried safe mode and that didnt help. Now it seems I can only get 1 bar with 1x data reception and I cant even get 3g if I go outside. I have not rooted my phone (yet) because i wanted to wait until the 30 days was up, is there any way to fix this issue or do I need to go back to Best Buy and get a new one?
    Im currently on vacation in Florida where i have the same problem as i do back home in Minnesota.

I'm running 2.0.1

EDIT: Just noticed when I actually get 3G for a minute then open a program that tries to use it (browser, pandora) reception and 3G shoot back down to nothing.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  2. adama2006

adama2006 New Member

Sitting in the exact same place for an hour and it just jumped to 4 bars and 3g randomly. wtf.
  3. ronjr123

ronjr123 New Member

I too have the same issue. Ute is getting to be a joke of a phone with the reception. I thought this was the network?
  4. adama2006

adama2006 New Member

Just backed up all my stuff and did a factory reset, still didnt do a thing with the reception (Back to 0 bars in the same spot), I think I will take it back and get a new one. If im paying that rediculous price to Verizon for 3G I want to be able to actually use it where i know it works. I cant return it until wednesday so any tips are much appreciated.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  5. ronjr123

ronjr123 New Member

Let us know what they tell you about this. I am probably going to get a replacement this weekend.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I just went through this with Verizon. If you're not getting a good 3G signal and clearly you are in their 3G area they will open a ticket on your phone to see if they can find the trouble for you. Recently I went from 3G and service constantly to 1x and No Service. It took them a few days but they did resolve the issue and now I'm pretty consistent with getting a 3G signal.
  7. Ziffy

Ziffy New Member

I have a similar issue going on. When I look at my reception...2 or 3 bars. Then I try to make a call...and BAM!...down to 0 bars...maybe 1. The phone then freezes up, I get a new message sound...and the top half of the "dialing" screen is blank...I can't even end the call. I have to go out to the home screen and try again. Usually after 3 or 4 attempts it works.

Does anybody have the freezing issue?
    :mad:
    Thanks!
Search tags for this page

pandora reception problems