1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Recent WMA "File not supported" Error

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by LowellDroid, Feb 15, 2011.

1. LowellDroid

LowellDroid New Member

Hey everyone, first post.

I was wondering if you could help me out. Today I went to listen to some of the music files on my Droid (1), and I'm getting a "file type not supported" error message whenever a WMA comes up. This is a very recent problem, as I'm almost positive I have been listening to WMA's since first putting music on the phone. Has anyone else had this problem in the past few days? I was thinking it might be DRM, but the music likely does not contain restrictive DRM and was obtained legally. Thanks!
  2. beds

beds New Member

What ROM are you on? Are you on stock?

I had this problem as well recently, but I think it was due to moving to the Apex ROM, which removes some of the WMA apks from Moto. I reinstalled them yesterday, and after some messing around with Rhapsody I'm up and running again.

If you're still on stock though, this probably isn't your issue...
Search tags for this page

android wma

android wma not supported
avia chromecast not compatible with .wma files
file type not supported android
file type not supported droid razr
file type not supported on droid incredible
how to listen to wma on android
what does wma not supported

wma audiobook android

wma file not supported on amdroid phone help
wma file not supported?