Recent 2.2 update

Brettv

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing glitches and app problems following the latest update ? I am having random force closes etc.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
What's force closing?

Go into settings/applications/manage applications and clear the force closing apps cache or data.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OP
B

Brettv

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll see what happens.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

fdkatz

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing the screen turning off every 15 seconds or so while on the phone (speaker phone so the proximity sensor is not the culprit) but not turning off otherwise? The display time out has been adjusted to 2 minutes and that didn't solve anything.

Also, anyone getting the message "safe mode" near the phone icon on the bottom left?

Hymizzle

Reaction score
Safe mode is common, just reboot (hold volume up + power button) to get out of safe mode.

Keep me Fascinated
ED04
EC10 Voodoo Lagfix
Honeycomb v4 - Animated

ejcrossl

Reaction score
All kinds of issues after 2.2. Lag in time to open up apps, freezing, having to pull the battery, Bluetooth goes in and out of working

Hymizzle

Reaction score
All kinds of issues after 2.2. Lag in time to open up apps, freezing, having to pull the battery, Bluetooth goes in and out of working

You should look into installing ComRom v2 along with a custom kernel. I have no lag, freezing, bluetooth works just fine. No need to pull battery, just reboot holding volume up button + power button.
Are you on latest update ED04??
If you want to stay stock I recommend a factory reset.

Keep me Fascinated
ED04, UKB v2
Crysis theme

ejcrossl

Reaction score
It is my wife's phone, and she is completely tech disadvantaged. I have not tried to play with rooting yet at all. Don't think I get the "lingo" involved with the process. I was looking for a way to flash her back to 2.1, but no real luck there either.
Yes she is on the latest version, and we tried a factory reset too. VZ won't do anything besides that because she has a small crack in her screen (wasn't causing any issues before the 2.2 update).

kanoftuna

Reaction score
last night I was having all types of problems with my phone running the com rom v2 and tried everything to fix it, including trying to let it wipe it clean with the ED04 update (which failed each time). I finally had to load it to DL09 and then go back to ED01 by just naming the updates "update.zip" and flashing them with the factory recovery. Here is the step by step on how to get to ED01 if you want to go backwards and just do not accept the update when it asks http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...04-howto-get-ed01-official-froyo-quickly.html . If you have any problems or do not understand what it is saying you need to do just post your questions here and we will try to help you