Receiving multiple text messages.

cleevis

Reaction score
Gf has the bionic, starting tonight all the texts she gets keep coming in, as many as ten times. She does use handcent app, as do I without any issues. Anyone else seen this happen?

dashaus28

Reaction score
I use handcent w/o problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
cleevis

cleevis

Reaction score
Apparently this is not the only thing. Screen freezing up, then going back to lock screen a second later.

OP
cleevis

cleevis

Reaction score
I know they are rare, but she's concerned a friend with a blackberry that has this same issue dropped a virus on her. Without data being transferred, I just can't see this happening through a text.

solo88

Reaction score
I use handcent....I get multiples more than I don't. Its frustrating but I figured it was just life. Don't know why though. Has been like this for a few months now. Happens from everyone I texts almost. Some may be two...other up to five multiples....weird.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
I know they are rare, but she's concerned a friend with a blackberry that has this same issue dropped a virus on her. Without data being transferred, I just can't see this happening through a text.

Try factory resetting it, this deletes every thing in the phone and puts it to pure stock

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those of you that use handcent, did you disable notifications in the stock messaging app?

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
i use Handcent and also get a double or triple message from time to time. and yes i did disable notifications in stock messaging app. the only thing i can figure is since it only happens at work, and the signal there isnt the greatest, maybe when the signal is at its worst handcent will double up the messages to ensure i dont miss them.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's crazy, I've used handcent for over 1 1/2 years and never had that problem on my D1 or bionic. I thought maybe you were getting a double notification but it's actually multiple duplicate messages within the same app?

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
That's crazy, I've used handcent for over 1 1/2 years and never had that problem on my D1 or bionic. I thought maybe you were getting a double notification but it's actually multiple duplicate messages within the same app?

yes, same message 2, 3 or sometimes 4 times until i moved to where the signal is better, then it would stop. i used to have Handcent on my OG Droid, and never had this happen. must be something between the Bionic and Handcent. actually i just checked the stock messaging app and the same duplicate messages are there as well, so it cant be Handcent :blink:

robert70

Reaction score
Yes I use handcent and yes I disabled stock, I think its a signal thing myself,,either way it doesn't happen all the time and it really don't bother me.

Reaction score
Happens to me as well, on both handcent and the stock SMS. I think it's VZW messing up, not your phone.

OP
cleevis

cleevis

Reaction score
Yeah, stock notification is disabled. I'll tell her that part is just Verizon.

donahue21

Reaction score
My wife and I installed handcent and got tons of duplicate texts..and yes we disabled stock.. Reset phones.. Reinstalled.. When we uninstalled handcent it stopped.. Dont know if its signal carrier or phone.. I recently installed GoSMS and it works fine.. I liked handcent better.. But handcent just wouldnt stop duplicate.. I mean some would be 25 of the same message

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums