Rebooting out of no where, Apps not Responding, Force close or wait

Girlie

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm having issues with my droid pro and hoping someone can help me figure out how to fix it. It re-boots out of no where and recently started freezing up and giving me a message that the app isn't responding and giving me an option to force close or wait. Is there something I can do to fix this?
Thanks for any help!
Girlie

Talon66721

Reaction score
Have some theories, but need more info to really help. Are you rooted? Have you installed any new apps lately? Sounds like a rogue app to me. If rooted, maybe try wiping cache in clockwork. That's helped me in the bast also. First, try uninstalling or freezing any apps you've put on since this issue started. If that doesn't do it, maybe a factory reset as a last resort.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
G

Girlie

Reaction score
Have some theories, but need more info to really help. Are you rooted? Have you installed any new apps lately? Sounds like a rogue app to me. If rooted, maybe try wiping cache in clockwork. That's helped me in the bast also. First, try uninstalling or freezing any apps you've put on since this issue started. If that doesn't do it, maybe a factory reset as a last resort.

Thanks for the response Talon!
Ok, I apologize up front for my ignorance, but I honestly have no idea if I'm rooted or how to wipe the cache... I haven't installed anything new lately and can't even think of a specific event that started it, it started re-booting at random times and then those times got closer and more often and then it started giving me the message about waiting or forcing a close. It's not freezing as often in the downloaded apps but then again I rarely use them, it does it in text (mostly in text but I do text a lot), browser, and even when I try to hit the "home" button I get the same message.
Thanks Again!
Girlie

Talon66721

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Talon!
Ok, I apologize up front for my ignorance, but I honestly have no idea if I'm rooted or how to wipe the cache... I haven't installed anything new lately and can't even think of a specific event that started it, it started re-booting at random times and then those times got closer and more often and then it started giving me the message about waiting or forcing a close. It's not freezing as often in the downloaded apps but then again I rarely use them, it does it in text (mostly in text but I do text a lot), browser, and even when I try to hit the "home" button I get the same message.
Thanks Again!
Girlie

Ok, that tells me you aren't rooted. Let's start by going into settings<apps<keyboard<clear cache. Keyboard being whatever one you're using. Go ahead and do that while I try to find how to get you into stock recovery on your phone. Sorry, I'm on the DX and don't know too much about your phone yet. Be right back with more info for ya.

Talon66721

Reaction score
Ok, I still can't find out how to get to stock recovery on your phone. You don't know how, do you? I really think it would help to wipe cache there. Also, still don't want to rule out a rogue app since that was the culprit the last time my phone acted up like that. You may want to post again in the droid pro subforum. Try to get some help from others that know more than me about your particular phone.

OP
G

Girlie

Reaction score
Keyboard being whatever one you're using.
Ok, can you clarify what you mean here? When I go to settings>apps I see: unknown sources, quick launch, manage apps, running services, storage use, battery use, development & double tap home launch

Oh, and I thought I was in the droid pro part, sorry, I'll re-post there as well

Talon66721

Reaction score
Ok, can you clarify what you mean here? When I go to settings>apps I see: unknown sources, quick launch, manage apps, running services, storage use, battery use, development & double tap home launch

Oh, and I thought I was in the droid pro part, sorry, I'll re-post there as well

Ok, go to manage apps<downloaded or all if that's an option<keyboard<clear cache. Sorry, went to bed early last night. Didn't mean to leave you hanging. Did you have any luck finding out how to get to stock recovery? I can't believe I can't find that anywhere. Even dl'd the official user guide to try to find it. Not there. Also, don't forget to check apps that might be misbehaving. I'll try to check in as I can today. Apologize now, though, we're packing to move out of state so may not be often enough, but I'll sure try.

Angela_G

Reaction score
Same Issues

I am having all these same issues but it has only been happening after I ran the gingerbread update. I have done a master reset and it works for a couple of weeks and then the issues come back with a vengance to the point not being able to use the phone at all. I have been given 2 replacement phones already and nothing seems to be working. Every app says its not responding and has to force close. Even just sitting on the home screen an error will come up. I am at my witts end and any help anyone could give would be appreciated.

Talon66721

Reaction score
To get to stock recovery on the Pro you need to:

Press the r+m+power on i to get the android symbol and a "!" in a triangle
Then press the @ symbol on the keyboard.

Referenced:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...roid-pro-stuck-bootloop-after-failed-sbf.html
Chris

Thank you so much for that! Wow, I never would have guessed that on my own. Hopefully, wiping cache from there will do the trick. I do it on my X about once a week and it's really helped since I started that.

Talon66721

Reaction score
Another way to tell if it's a bad app causing it: boot up in safe mode. It just freezes all user apps on the phone. If it works fine in safe mode, you've got it narrowed down to an app misbehaving. Again, though, I'm not sure how to do it on your phone. Maybe someone does? Should have thought of that yesterday.