Reboot button?

greycobalt

Reaction score
with the many many many problems I've had with the phone so far, I've been rebooting constantly. it's been annoying to power down and power back up again though. is there any way to reboot the phone, through a widget or otherwise, without having a root? that would just be fantastic. thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

myriad46

Reaction score
with the many many many problems I've had with the phone so far, I've been rebooting constantly. it's been annoying to power down and power back up again though. is there any way to reboot the phone, through a widget or otherwise, without having a root? that would just be fantastic. thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

It would be fantastic, but AFAIK not going to happen without root. If you do root. I use an app called Extended Controls. It allows you to have widgets from 1x1 to 1x4 and have toggles of just about anything, including a reboot button.

OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
Yeah, I found a few that let you throw up custom widgets. Bummer you can't without root though. :( Why they wouldn't add that option to the power off/sleep screen is beyond me.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you do root, you can get something with the option of a hot reboot. Its much faster than a full reboot and usually accomplishes the same thing.

CM74DX

OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
I've actually never heard that term. What is it?

I'm seriously considering doing the pre-rooted version now, as I'm about to have an aneurysm from all the issues my phone currently has.