Android Stock Keyboard freezing.

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I have had many problems with the stock android texting app. But that bothers me the most is that the key on the qwerty board will freeze. I've had to hard reset my phone multiple times to fix the problem only to find out that it happens all over again.
I really enjoy using the stock android qwerty board, but I can't use it because of the constant freezing. Does anyone know how to. Fix this problem??? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

srvctec

Reaction score
Have you even done a search at all before posting? There are numerous threads here already about this exact problem and many more on other forums.

Menu/manage apps/multi-touch keyboard/clear data.

Sent from my DROID X2

beemerchef

Reaction score
Have you even done a search at all before posting? There are numerous threads here already about this exact problem and many more on other forums.

Menu/manage apps/multi-touch keyboard/clear data.

Sent from my DROID X2

Same here! Verizon techs claim they have never heard of such issue! I am not litterate on all this, waiting for my 3rd (!!!) X2 in less than 2 months.
What links should I be looking for if I can do a fix myself? Keys frozen with Yahoo mail, evernote, Gmail.... everything... Thanks.

srvctec

Reaction score
Same here! Verizon techs claim they have never heard of such issue! I am not litterate on all this, waiting for my 3rd (!!!) X2 in less than 2 months.
What links should I be looking for if I can do a fix myself? Keys frozen with Yahoo mail, evernote, Gmail.... everything... Thanks.

WOW, Seriously? Did you not even read my post? I answered how to fix this issue in my post that you quoted.

lostinspace

Reaction score
I had the same problem so I installed Gingerbread Keyboard from the market, and it work fine.

ghall21

Reaction score
Thank you so so much! I had the exact same issue and your instructions worked! :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

persist

Reaction score
droid x keyboard freezing

Runrick: Hi, my name is Runrick. How may I help you?
joe: droid x keyboard freezing up after system update
Runrick: Hi, Joe!
Runrick: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I’ll do my best to assist you on this.
Runrick: Let's try to clear cache partition in your device.
joe: how
Runrick: 1.Turn off phone
2.Press and hold Power key + Home hard key to power on the phone and bring up a triangle with an exclamation point inside next to a green Android graphic.
3.Press both Volume buttons down together to show the Android recovery menu.
4.Use volume buttons to scroll up or down in this menu. Highlight "wipe cache partition"
5.Tap Power button hard key to confirm the selection.
6.Handset will ask you to "Confirm wipe of all user data"
7.Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
8.Tap Power button hard key to confirm the selection and start wipeout of phone, handset will begin to format handset showing progress with multiple lines of ellipses (....)
9.Handset may take from 5-20 minutes to format.
10.When format is complete, Tap Power button when prompted to reboot (Reboot system now will be highlighted)

Runrick: This will not delete any data form your device.
Runrick: Are the steps responding?
joe: yes rebooting now
Runrick: Great.
joe: seems better slow response on select
Runrick: I would suggest resetting the phone to default settings if it continues to freeze so that the phone can adapt to its new software.
joe: ok
Runrick: Anything else I can check for you today, Joe?
joe: how to set to default

Runrick: To Perform a Factory Data Reset through settings menu:
Open the Applications Tray. (arrow pointing up located in the middle at the bottom of the display screen)

Touch Settings

Touch Privacy

Touch Factory data reset

Touch Reset Phone

Touch Erase Everything
Runrick: Please know that in doing reset, your downloaded applications will be deleted. E-mails, contacts and text messages as well.
joe: will I loose contacts etc
Runrick: Yes, Joe.
joe: ok think I will wait and see how this first step goes then try default if not fixed
joe: all done thanks
Runrick: You're welcome!
Runrick: I hope you found our chat to be helpful. I would request that take a moment to fill out a short survey to tell us how we did after you click 'Disconnect', please remember to click on the 'Close' button within the chat window. The survey should only take about 1 minute to complete. Your responses will help us get better at serving your needs. If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
Runrick has disconnected.