Reasonably priced Verizon phone?

wesmad

Reaction score
Idk if this is the right section to post this, so if it needs to be moved that's cool. I'm on Verizon and have the M8. I had fully intended on getting the M9, but after not seeing much upgrade there I'm considering going with something else. I've never had a phone larger than the M8, and was wondering if there were any phones out there I could get on the cheap to try out to see if I liked the larger size. If I was on any other carrier this would be a non-issue (I'd grab a Oneplus) but changing isn't an option. Right now I'm looking at just getting a used G3, but just wanted to make sure there weren't any options I was missing. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I had the G3. It's an awesome phone. You certainly can't go wrong...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been using the G2, and it's by far, the best phone I've ever used. It's cheaper than the G3, and slightly smaller at 5.2", but I'll stand by it next to anything currently on the market, less the Note 4.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
G2 is a good phone.. You'd probably get a good price at swappa on a mint G3.... I personally liked the M8 better than the G2 and screen is not much bigger to switch IMO.. I'd look for a Note 4 on swappa if ya want to go BIG

Tap'd by Big 6

OP
W

wesmad

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm actually just looking for something to hold me over so I can decide what flagship I want to get after the G4 is released. I'm still on my folks plan, so I use other people's upgrades so I keep my unlimited lol. One of their phones is starting to completely stop working, so I'm giving them my M8 and looking for something to hold me over for a month or so until I make a decision. There are some well-priced G3s online so I think I'll go with that.

Verizon really needs to go GSM.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Good luck. let us know which one your grab....

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife has g2 and it's considerably slower then my xperia z3v. Both running kitkat.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My wife has g2 and it's considerably slower then my xperia z3v. Both running kitkat.
The Xperia is nearly one year newer than the G2 with a faster processor. It's going to be faster.

That said, I wasn't aware the Z3v was a Verizon Wireless device.

OP
W

wesmad

Reaction score
So I found out we have two phone upgrades available on our plan, and decided to get a Nexus 6. Getting it ordered tomorrow. I've always kept my phones pretty stock, so I wanted to get a pure Android experience. And I figured an extra 50 bucks was worth getting a brand new phone that if I don't like I can replace when all of this year's flagships are out.

Pointless post I know, but I believe someone asked me to update with my decision. Lol. Again thanks for the suggestions.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Nice - congrats on the decision... I'm sure you will be happy with the Nexus 6.. It's a solid choice..

Tap'd by Big 6