Leaving Moto

sineater

Reaction score
So I'm getting sick of the lack of updates coming from Verizon for Moto phones, and am thinking about jumping ship. I have been using nothing but Motos for the last 4 years and am not sure what route to take. The M8 seems like an option and so does the LG G3 that will be coming...I have also been seing rumors of a new Moto phone that the specs look great on but am not sure if I even want to go down that road...Thoughts????

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
S5 is an option as well.

dr_jpeg

Reaction score
The problem is not Motorola; it's Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
sineater

sineater

Reaction score
I just picked up an s4 for my wife and while I like some of the features im not sold on it. Unless there are major differences between the 5 and the 4 I'm not really thinking I will even consider it. Plus im not a fan of the plastic...I am hard on Phones which is one reason I like my Moto i have beat the crap out of it and its still kicking

OP
sineater

sineater

Reaction score
The problem is not Motorola; it's Verizon.

OK so do ijump ship from verizon then...and if so where is the next best option. and please dont say ATT

dr_jpeg

Reaction score
Unfortunately, all the major providers have a problem with this. They want to make the phones go obsolete as soon as they can so you'll have to upgrade every two years. The best way around it is to get a Google designed phone (Nexus) which can usually be updated shortly after new Android versions are released.

OP
sineater

sineater

Reaction score
I'm console with that explanation...but I do like the look and feel of my RAZR maxxhd...and power and custom roms and mods are a must. I know the nexus 5 is pretty good in these areas...but with googles crack down on making phones unrootable and not know who will make the next nexus (wish sounds like LG will again)...is waiting for the new nexus or LG G3. the right option

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I'm in the exact opposite. I jumped ship from Moto to the Galaxy Nexus from the OG Droid. 2 years of little to no support from Verizon because they don't like Nexus phones. Went back to Motorola for the Moto X and couldn't be happier. Next best thing to a Nexus phone as it isn't heavily skinned like Samsung or HTC. Just an all around great phone. Be interested in seeing the next Moto X phone coming down the road.