really? the 4G LTE icon just "disappears"?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Really? After restarting and cache wiping?

ForumRunner_20131220_201638.png

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk if its because your WiFi is on or what. Turn off the WiFi and see what happens. It could be your sim card.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Make sure that mobile data did t get somehow shut off

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

pdoyle

Reaction score
Razr Maxx HD seems buggy to me

I don't have an answer, your post just reminds me of all the settings changes this razr maxx HD makes on its own, without asking or alerting me. I like the phone when it works properly, which is inconsistent. The Circles app has changed its weather location...the battery meter has disappeared...sometimes the camera saves pix to internal, though settings changed to external microSD. Then, there's the lag problem where filling the home screen is painfully slow, just a few days after clearing cache partition; which has to be done 1-2 times per week (which is unacceptable, in my mind.)
This is my fourth Motorola android and I never had these problems with my others; until Jelly bean pushed out. No I don't find Google Now useful, just frustrating and of no interest. Google took away the moto sync feature and forced google music to occupy the internal drive of 8 GB. Kicker was when VXW replaced my Droid Razr Maxx with this HD version; when applying the screen protector, I apparently cracked the glass screen using a squeegee to get out bubbles. VZW charged me $300 claiming I broke the phone after only three days using it. Several VZW reps wouldn't consider my position, which was that the phone should not have broken through normal use of three days. Ironically the only reason I allowed VZW to replace my razr maxx with the maxx HD, was their promise of improved performance and no lagginess; but now the HD is more laggy than the razr maxx.
So at this point I'm so frustrated with Motorola phones, I've even considered the iPhone 5S as I don't hear complaints about it; Think I may try the Samsung Galaxy 4.

Any thoughts of other androids to try?

TheWitness

Reaction score
I don't have an answer, your post just reminds me of all the settings changes this razr maxx HD makes on its own, without asking or alerting me. I like the phone when it works properly, which is inconsistent. The Circles app has changed its weather location...the battery meter has disappeared...sometimes the camera saves pix to internal, though settings changed to external microSD. Then, there's the lag problem where filling the home screen is painfully slow, just a few days after clearing cache partition; which has to be done 1-2 times per week (which is unacceptable, in my mind.)
This is my fourth Motorola android and I never had these problems with my others; until Jelly bean pushed out. No I don't find Google Now useful, just frustrating and of no interest. Google took away the moto sync feature and forced google music to occupy the internal drive of 8 GB. Kicker was when VXW replaced my Droid Razr Maxx with this HD version; when applying the screen protector, I apparently cracked the glass screen using a squeegee to get out bubbles. VZW charged me $300 claiming I broke the phone after only three days using it. Several VZW reps wouldn't consider my position, which was that the phone should not have broken through normal use of three days. Ironically the only reason I allowed VZW to replace my razr maxx with the maxx HD, was their promise of improved performance and no lagginess; but now the HD is more laggy than the razr maxx.
So at this point I'm so frustrated with Motorola phones, I've even considered the iPhone 5S as I don't hear complaints about it; Think I may try the Samsung Galaxy 4.

For me it was a root, then flash 2 CyanogenMod 10.2 or 10.2 nightly from December the 5th. The nightly from December 5th is the most stable of all CyanogenMod 10.2. Do not attempt cyanogen mod 11.

pdoyle

Reaction score
For me it was a root, then flash 2 CyanogenMod 10.2 or 10.2 nightly from December the 5th. The nightly from December 5th is the most stable of all CyanogenMod 10.2. Do not attempt cyanogen mod 11.
Thanks! Please tell me, what advantages/improvements did that give you? Overall stability, responsiveness...?

TheWitness

Reaction score
Thanks! Please tell me, what advantages/improvements did that give you? Overall stability, responsiveness...?

1) No bloatware.
2) Mega Battery Life
3) Tethering
4) No Lag
5) Themes from Android Market
6) Root since its my phone

That should be enough. I was on rooted stock for a long time, but CyanogenMod is for me now.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score

PLEASE, this phone is flawless! No need to root!!!! This phone is being used by Kim Jung Un of N. Korea and he has hailed it "superior" and will even use it as a "nuclear football"!

Thats how excellent this phone is.

On the serious side, yes, my data decided to turn off by itself. Why? I guess it just felt like it. Why did I not check that out? Well I was dumb enough to buy this phone, so there.

pdoyle

Reaction score
1) No bloatware.
2) Mega Battery Life
3) Tethering
4) No Lag
5) Themes from Android Market
6) Root since its my phone

That should be enough. I was on rooted stock for a long time, but CyanogenMod is for me now.
That sounds great. Please can you direct me to how I can root cyanogen mod 10.2 december 5th?

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
PLEASE, this phone is flawless! No need to root!!!! This phone is being used by Kim Jung Un of N. Korea and he has hailed it "superior" and will even use it as a "nuclear football"!

Thats how excellent this phone is.

On the serious side, yes, my data decided to turn off by itself. Why? I guess it just felt like it. Why did I not check that out? Well I was dumb enough to buy this phone, so there.

Kim Jung Un is a friendly kinda guy. Seems legit.

TheWitness

Reaction score
That sounds great. Please can you direct me to how I can root cyanogen mod 10.2 december 5th?

Goto CyanogenMod.org. everything you need us there. Good luck. Getting 12/05 nightly might be a little more difficult. Try the latest 10.2 you can find though.