Notification bar disappeared after metamorph icon applied...

Rufus65

Reaction score
I think I really messed up here.

I installed Metamorph and BusyBox (both free versions) and I downloaded some icons from DroidPirate. I went and changed two icons, my ADB icon and my Battery icon to Gingerbread Blue and after the restart on the battery icon, my notification bar disappeared. I could not for the life of me get it back, I did a full power off, a battery pull, and here's where the panic and stupid induced part came in, I went into the recovery settings and did a data/cache wipe (Stupid, Stupid, Stupid...).

After that I was still rooted, but still had no notification bar. :blink:

Im starting to panic a little bit more now, I am currently in the process of hunting down a stock sbf file to...well, sbf back to stock and start fresh again. Would SBF-ing my D2G fix my notification bar problem?

=================================
EDIT:

SBF didnt work, here's what I got:

Capture.PNG

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're using the wrong SBF file. The one you have is for the regular Droid 2; you need the D2Global SBF.

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
Wow...that's really stupid. Every thread I went to said that those files were for the D2G....

Then my next question would be; could you post a link to the correct sbf file?

Sent from my D2G using Tapatalk

=========================================
EDIT:

According to this [link] I need to be in PC mode to SBF correctly. and because my notification bar is gone, I cant get it to PC mode, its default is USB Mass Storage mode. Is their any other way I can switch to PC mode?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I SBF I always do it from Bootloader, so there's no switching of USB mode anyway. I'd recommend you do it that way, starting with the phone off and powering on into Bootloader. You will see fewer issues.

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
That's what I have been doing and what I did in that picture.

Also could you send me a link to the correct SBF file, because I can't seem to find the right one

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
I used both those guides and it gave me the same result...

I have three different SBF versions:

VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf
VRZ_A956_4.5.608_1FF_01.sbf
VRZ_A956_2.4.33_1FF_01.sbf

I have tried all of these using RSDLite v4.9 & v5.6 and they all give me the same result.

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
I got my drivers from [here] I downloaded MotoHelper and I wasn't sure which other driver I was to download, PC Driver 1 or 2?

========================
EDIT:

Both the PC Drivers 1 & 2 are useless? Driver 1 just gives me an .inf file and Driver 2 gives me a folder which of bunch of nonsense... unless I'm supposed to use these files somehow?

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
Had it before, and now for some magical reason the drivers decided to reinstall themselves this time, it's now working, at the moment im executing at 5%.... its about time!!!dancedroid

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had an issue doing a reinstall of the drivers before too. Glad it's working for you now.