Real weight for real heroes

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was watching a fitness channel and saw a pledge to this cause. So I decided I would make my own pledge toward a cause that support our real heroes.

My goal is to have lost 20 pounds by July 21, date of the event. On top of the $30 I'm pledging now, every pound I'm off from my goal I'll donate $2.

I post this so there is proof and it is written so I would be held accountable.

https://fundraising.semperfifund.org/fundraiser/1155583

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was watching a fitness channel and saw a pledge to this cause. So I decided I would make my own pledge toward a cause that support our real heroes.

My goal is to have lost 20 pounds by July 21, date of the event. On top of the $30 I'm pledging now, every pound I'm off from my goal I'll donate $2.

I post this so there is proof and it is written so I would be held accountable.

https://fundraising.semperfifund.org/fundraiser/1155583

Good for you! I'm betting that you'll make it!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I meant to add something to this. On top of that every dollar I spend at the vending machine I'll double that to the charity.

I've done a decent job staying away but I noticed it creeping back in my diet slowly (ie like today).

And right now I owe them $2.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I meant to add something to this. On top of that every dollar I spend at the vending machine I'll double that to the charity.

I've done a decent job staying away but I noticed it creeping back in my diet slowly (ie like today).

And right now I owe them $2.

double every dollar??? I would go broke real quick if I did that. Might limit me for a day or two but some habits are hard to break. Lets see, I spent about 10 bucks in vending just last night.

Actually that is really a good idea :)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What I have another month?

I came here to report I was 3.2 pounds short of my goal. But I actually thought I pledged 25 pounds. So far I lost 16.8 pounds. So to make it challenging I am going to raise the stakes to 25 pounds. I felt defeated and limped into this day as I struggled the past few weeks. Knowing I still have another month was the kick in the pants I needed. So lets go all in.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
so what that you were 3.2 pounds short, even the 16 you lost is still a win.

You're correct my friend.

I said that to say I allowed myself to let my foot off the gas. Now there is a difference between having a cheat day or going on vacation, but to totally take my foot off was me slacking. I was looking for that push and motivation to give me a second wind and I got it. But yes thank you guys for the encouragement.

JandN2639

Reaction score
Proud of you PC!

Keep up the good work! One cheat doesn't cancel the good work you're doing and have done. Tell the negative voice in your head to shut the $&@€£ up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What I have another month?

I came here to report I was 3.2 pounds short of my goal. But I actually thought I pledged 25 pounds. So far I lost 16.8 pounds. So to make it challenging I am going to raise the stakes to 25 pounds. I felt defeated and limped into this day as I struggled the past few weeks. Knowing I still have another month was the kick in the pants I needed. So lets go all in.
Let's go brother.. That's great so far and you will make this easily...

LG G7

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
23.2 pounds lost. Shorted my goal by 1.8 pounds but that was actually my doing. Between the Ice Cream sample and something else this week I celebrated before I got to the finish line lol. I will gladly be donating to the Semper Fi fund now and will issues a new challenge that I would like everyone to participate in.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Email sent to me.

Dear PC747,

It is my great pleasure to personally thank you for your generous contribution. Your donation of (removed the amount) on 7/22/2018 will help the Semper Fi Fund continue to provide vital resources to our heroes and their families in need. We are deeply grateful for your continued support of our mission to serve those who preserve our freedom.

Your donation means hope in the dark moments following visible and invisible injuries. Hope is more than a feeling - it's the very foundation of genuine recovery. Whether it is a grant for an adaptive vehicle to foster independence, adaptive housing to provide safety for a catastrophically injured service member, suicide prevention programming, or bedside financial support to help defray the unexpected expenses of living away from home during hospitalization and recovery, our team is there.

Your generous heart has helped ensure the Semper Fi Fund remains strong and ready when needed. Together, we are delivering powerful messages of encouragement to our service members and their families. We want all of our service members to understand theyare not alone, there is help available, and most importantly, there is real and tangible hope.

We are honored to stand beside you as we serve those who preserve our freedom. On behalf of everyone at the Semper Fi Fund and the service members whose lives you will significantly change for the better - Thank You!

Warmest regards,

Karen Guenther

Karen Guenther | President, Executive Director and Founder

The Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, Federal Tax ID# 26-0086305. No goods or services were received in consideration of this gift. Please retain this receipt for your tax records.

Semper Fi Fund
825 College Boulevard, Suite 102
PMB 609
Oceanside, CA 92057